Sat nav Garmin Nuvi playing up (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Don't know why but when we nearly reach our destination it cuts out and refuses to switch on properly. It's happened about 5times now! It's still quite new so it's very irritating. Has anyone else had this? It seems all set to drive to our next destination tomorrow but has a fit of the sulks if we ask it to go to the original now nearby place.
We have a Kenwood Sat nav entertainment centre with a screen opening up above the radio. This came with the van. We switched it on once by mistake and it wasn't bad. We'd like to use it as a stand by for when Garmin plays silly buggers. We now can't switch it on! The select button is greyed out on the menu screen. We have spent ages looking at it and reading the manual but amazingly it doesn't tell you how to switch it on. .it's a Kenwood KVT -729DVD and is called a monitor with DVD receiver. Can anyone help? You can toggle between all the functions but sat nav doesn't come up!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is it possible your Garmin is becoming disconnected from the power and stops when the batteries run flat?

The next time it happens check the plug is still properly inserted in the dashboard, they can vibrate out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
I have a Garmin nuvi in my car that suffered the same problem, cutting out and refusing to start back up, luckily I was able to reset it through the pin hole reset in the back. I hooked it up to the computer and went on Garmin web site, it was overdue a software update and since updating it, has never done it again.
There's every chance yours is just in need of software update, even though it's not very old.
Hope it solves problem for you. :)
Lance

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks we are now on the road and didn't bring the Garmin- to -pc hook up lead with us as we'd just updated it. In retrospect a silly oversight. We won't be home for a month now.
We did check the plug which was fine. Guess we'll have to wait now.
Sorry no one has the same Goodwin system but I knew it was a long shot.
Are there any good European ones does anyone know?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just a thought but does the Kenwood satnav only work with the engine running? I'm trying to think why the option to switch it on is greyed out.

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Mine did that. We eventually trace the problem to the 12v plug unscrewing itself & losing contact internally. Sorted with a bit of locktight.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back