weight spot checks on M62 (1 Viewer)

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Just for peoples information, i was pulled off the M62 today by the police for a weight check, just east of Manchester. Two caravan outfits were also pulled in just after me.
No problems and was soon on my way again. Just as well otherwise i may have had to jettison the Chester beer supplies.
Mike

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ah, our local weight watchers are open for business are they? A month or so ago it was tranny vans and pickups towing mini diggers on trailers. Someone did mention they thought we would be next.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Ah, our local weight watchers are open for business are they? A month or so ago it was tranny vans and pickups towing mini diggers on trailers. Someone did mention they thought we would be next.
Well as we are new to all this i have no idea of the weight of our van or how much we are supposed to carry? No worries iam a farmer so it dont matter.(y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I weighed off in Feb fully loaded, we were 60kgs under so Mrs B can stay in the passenger seat. :LOL:

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Well as we are new to all this i have no idea of the weight of our van or how much we are supposed to carry? No worries iam a farmer so it dont matter.(y)
No problem if you leave a trail of mud on the road then either.

Deleted User
Lots of caravans & motorhomes out for the first time over Easter so it makes sense to do checks now, probably have the wheeltappers out as well.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Just for peoples information, i was pulled off the M62 today by the police for a weight check, just east of Manchester. Two caravan outfits were also pulled in just after me.
No problems and was soon on my way again. Just as well otherwise i may have had to jettison the Chester beer supplies.
Mike
Ii once posted asking had anyone ever been pulled over and weighed, not your neighbors best friend etc and got no reply. You're the first, so it does happen. We have shares in our local weigh bridge!!!

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ii once posted asking had anyone ever been pulled over and weighed, not your neighbors best friend etc and got no reply. You're the first, so it does happen. We have shares in our local weigh bridge!!!

And whereabouts would that be please, hope it's not to far away from me, my local council one, won't do the job properly, and the one I have used is in a scrappers, don't like the idea of all those bits of metal in my tyres, what a mess it was, but hey they're doing their job so no complaints.

Deleted User
And whereabouts would that be please, hope it's not to far away from me, my local council one, won't do the job properly, and the one I have used is in a scrappers, don't like the idea of all those bits of metal in my tyres, what a mess it was, but hey they're doing their job so no complaints.

There is a free Trading Standards beam axle weighbridge just off the M62/621 junction at Morley which can't be too far from you, think it is also available 24hrs.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
I would like to know the toleranceof these weighbridges.
Where I worked we had a customs certified weighbridge there was always a + or - tolerance even though certified!
Can't remember (oldfartitis) if it was 3% either way or .3%

Reactions: kcy

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I've been pulled and weighed. Have posted that a few times in reply to others but must have missed yours. We weigh the van at regular intervals courtesy of the local weighbridge

Reactions: kcy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back