Cheap Karcher Vac - offer ends at midnight tonight (Monday)!!!! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The Karcher 2nd generation window vac is on sale on Amazon today and the offer will cease at approx midnight!

Cost: £36.99 with free delivery

If you're after one, you won't get one cheaper than this!!!

Amazon product ASIN B00Q8KPF1K

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I wonder if the new design no longer tries to give you a cold shower if you tilt it beyond horizontal? The air slots on the side seem to have disappeared, so maybe so - but you would have thought they would have mentioned it.

Do I chance 37 quid to find out? Would be a lot move useful in the van if it could be inverted. And on our bathroom windows at home, because you can't do the bottom of those without tipping it at least sideways.

And we seem to have lost the small blade - although that has to be somewhere about - damned if I can find it though.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I managed side on by being careful. Brilliant for the windscreen. Oh, and the windows at home........ :blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I managed side on by being careful.
New or old model?

Does yours have air slots in the side, towards the bottom?

A look at the reviews suggests that the new one still leaks when tilted too far, but leaks rather than sprays, which I suppose is some improvement. :ROFLMAO:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
New or old model?

Does yours have air slots in the side, towards the bottom?

A look at the reviews suggests that the new one still leaks when tilted too far, but leaks rather than sprays, which I suppose is some improvement. :ROFLMAO:
Mine is the old model. Just being careful is the way that I use it. Would be nice to use upside down but suppose that gravity doesn't help much

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Good price for that model but also Amazon Warehouse at £31.41 :)
That's for a used one though ....

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I did write to Karcher not long ago about the 'leaking' issue and got the following response:

Dear Melanie,

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

Unfortunately the window vac isn’t designed to be used sideways and if it is even for a small amount of time it will cause leakage. Your comments have been noted and passed onto our product management team but there is no way of preventing the leakage if using in this way at the moment.

I am not aware of any plans to bring out a smaller model for use in motor homes but I have forwarded your suggestion to the relevant department.
I assume it still leaks when tilted so a 'nappy' will be needed!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Rita bought me one for Christmas, and using it sideways to clear our large curved panoramic screen, didn't see any leakage from the vac. I only needed to empty it when I had finished clearing the screen.
Had it been heavily condensated, I probably would have needed to empty the tank half way through.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
For the little bit extra cost I'd rather have a new one with a full guarantee.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just read this funny review from one buyer:

stars-5-0._CB192197110_.gif
Disgusted - she walked into the patio door, 2 July 2015*****
I'm mortified, after spending a little over a minute cleaning the patio doors my wife didn't notice the cleanliness and walked into the closed door. I am disgusted - she has left a body shape mark...
To make things worse I nearly wet myself laughing - well done Karcher :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For the little bit extra cost I'd rather have a new one with a full guarantee.
Bit of a grey area about guarantee on Warehouse items - used to be 6 months but have had Amazon honour the one years manufacturers guarantee for them before but we might just have been lucky. Had a search & now website states that there is no manufacturers guarantee but items do have the Amazon Satisfaction Guarantee & again exactly what that is after the initial 30 days return period is unclear...

Last edited:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Aldi have recently been selling a similar item (not Karcher) Which was cheaper. Not bought one so can't comment on its use but might be worth trying.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Aldi have recently been selling a similar item (not Karcher) Which was cheaper. Not bought one so can't comment on its use but might be worth trying.
They've gone back up to full price now anyway - there are lots of 'copies' out there but having had one they aren't a patch on the Karcher (even with it's leaky bottom!).

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
u
The Karcher 2nd generation window vac is on sale on Amazon today and the offer will cease at approx midnight!

Cost: £36.99 with free delivery

If you're after one, you won't get one cheaper than this!!!

Amazon product ASIN B00Q8KPF1K

Many thanks for the heads up,we went straight on to Amazon the moment I read your post and think Andrea said there were 36 left so a great post and again shows what a wonderful place fun is to be!
Looking forward to an easier time with van Windows next winter.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is this 2nd generation one smaller than the original, which was pretty bulky?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Still at least 4 Amazon Warehouse ones available for £32.14.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back