Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I was having a mooch around today and I called in Westcroft at Cannock the place is dead. Hardly any staff and apart from 3 Astoria's which they've been trying to sell for ages the rest of their RV stock was messy and badly presented. I reckon you could beat them down on a deal for any of the stock they have which would still be ok at the right price.

Carried on to Travelworld and fell in love with a Monaco 34ft pusher :RollEyes: if only, the difference in presentation was worlds apart they do at least present properly.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Not jesting Ror....offer Travelworld silly money and you might get lucky.........I know of someone who got almost 18k knocked off a brand new RV just a few weeks back :whatthe:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We looked in on Westcroft at York, my 13 yo son knew more about the RV's than the salesman. This guy was trying to sell £135.000 of RV and a 13 year old had to tell him (and me) the make and horsepower of the engine pushing it, BUT to make things worse, it became apparent in the same conversation with my son that the saleman thought the engine was at the front:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks

I am very tempted, Jan is going to come back up and have a look. We intended to upgrade next year but if this is the one we may have a go now, I want to get a pusher eventually and 34ft is the perfect length for us. We're not in any rush so we will wait for the right deal to come along, but need to get a good part x price for ours or it won't happen.

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
I had a similar experience when I purchased my Tramp from Brownhills at Cannock.
I knew more about it than the salesman:ROFLMAO::Eeek::cry:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We looked in on Westcroft at York, my 13 yo son knew more about the RV's than the salesman. This guy was trying to sell £135.000 of RV and a 13 year old had to tell him (and me) the make and horsepower of the engine pushing it, BUT to make things worse, it became apparent in the same conversation with my son that the saleman thought the engine was at the front:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That would be the end for me I refuse to buy from a salesman that has no knowledge of the product they are trying to sell me no matter what the item.

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

i think your lad should go for his job jim....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

porky1949

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
brighton
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
carefull

I was having a mooch around today and I called in Westcroft at Cannock the place is dead. Hardly any staff and apart from 3 Astoria's which they've been trying to sell for ages the rest of their RV stock was messy and badly presented. I reckon you could beat them down on a deal for any of the stock they have which would still be ok at the right price.

Carried on to Travelworld and fell in love with a Monaco 34ft pusher :RollEyes: if only, the difference in presentation was worlds apart they do at least present properly.

unless its brand new.... have it inspected. downfall of brownhills.:whatthe:

Apr 30, 2008
aldridge
Funster No
MH
waiting
Exp
8yrs
I don't know were forestboy was mooching around at westcroft,cannock as they haven't been there for 2 years.
They were bought out by brownhills and were moved to brownhills,newark
2 years ago.
The motorhomes on the site now are owned by discover leisure who bought the site and some surplus motorhomes.
Some of the staff from westcroft now run the signature motorhome company on the wolverhampton road,wolverhampton.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back