Free Member
Jan 3, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Some experience.
We are planing to go to La Torreta late March/ beginning of April depending on the weather in France. Plan to stay 2 months, 2 crinklies and a canine companion. We picked this site purely that it seems the nearest to Benidorm centre/beach and it allows dogs. We have heard reports that it can flood and one report on Trip Advisors says that Gypsies are staying on site. Your good counsel and worldly advice are needed here. To paraphrase The Clash, Should we stay or should we go (somewhere else!!!).

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Dave @Snowbird is our resident funster and guru on that site.
It did flood a few months back but was cleared up very quick and it's a rare event. El Raco has also been known to flood in past but again very rare. I was over in January and the site was full and all clean and tidy,
Gipsys can't comment but none when we visited just rowdy funsters who gave us free beer.. !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
It was flooded in October, but you should be OK this time of the year. The areas that do flood are on the lower levels, so if you can get on the high ground do so!
Don't know about the Gypsies, but they were on Raco a while back, but not a problem, other than their dogs sh*****g everywhere!

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
We're all bloody gypsies. That's why we travel in vans. I've been a middle class gypsy for the past three years. Oh and by the way. If your coming to Benidorm at the end of the month, the chances of rain, let alone flooding is pretty small.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Site split on 2 sides of the road, It slope considerably get a map and resrve a pitch higher up. when I looked around the right side looked better but pool and @Snowbird on the other side:)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If you are thinking of coming late March/early April, flooding is pretty low down on your worry list. Bring plenty of sun cream and you will be fine. Have been on this site for the past 16 years and strangely enough have never been flooded once. There are some pitches that do get flooded during very inclement weather, but they are right down the bottom of the site. Regarding the Gypsies on site, there are sometimes one or two, me being one of them, but I have never stole anyone's children and hate the taste of hedgehog, so no worries there ;).

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Ah, I see you also have a dog. I can assure you that unless of course it is not a direct descendant of Master Mcgrath he will be perfectly safe from those thieving gipsies :).

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have never stole anyone's children ;).

I can vouch for this man....
Kept sending my grandkids over to play by his Gin palace and they kept coming back :(
Sadly we had to bring them back into the UK with us.. ;)

:rofl::rofl:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I can vouch for this man....
Kept sending my grandkids over to play by his Gin palace and they kept coming back :(
Sadly we had to bring them back into the UK with us.. ;)

:rofl::rofl:

I did notice you doing a head count though :rofl:.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Not sure if any Funsters left on Toretta, It's that time of year when most of the Snowbirds are heading north, Dave ( Snowbird) is away doing magic in Portugal, even those of us left on Villasol will be going in the next 10 days or so.
Have a safe trip down.
Cheers
Ed and Shirley

Reactions: f6c

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
even those of us left on Villasol will be going in the next 10 days or so.

Don't be in too much of a hurry Ed, it's freezing back in the U.K.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
If you are thinking of coming late March/early April, flooding is pretty low down on your worry list. Bring plenty of sun cream and you will be fine. Have been on this site for the past 16 years and strangely enough have never been flooded once. There are some pitches that do get flooded during very inclement weather, but they are right down the bottom of the site. Regarding the Gypsies on site, there are sometimes one or two, me being one of them, but I have never stole anyone's children and hate the taste of hedgehog, so no worries there ;).
Add garlic and salt to the hedgehog, does wonders for the taste (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
At the risk of hijacking the thread why are folks abandoning Beni at this precise time?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
At the risk of hijacking the thread why are folks abandoning Beni at this precise time?

It's the traditional time for the snowbirds to fly north. Many have been there since September/October so by now they will all have spent there winter fuel allowance on cheap plonk.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003

The long term discounted "winter rates" run from 1st October through to 31st March. It's now time for the Snowbirds to head for home.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
The long term discounted "winter rates" run from 1st October through to 31st March. It's now time for the Snowbirds to head for home.

We've stayed on Torreta over the last 5 winters (but not this winter..) and and always got the discounted rates through April...perhaps if you were on site before the end of March then you were still eligible for this rate.

Allen

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We've stayed on Torreta over the last 5 winters (but not this winter..) and and always got the discounted rates through April...perhaps if you were on site before the end of March then you were still eligible for this rate.

Allen
Long term rates stay at 450 Emus perm 30 days on La Torreta AL year rou

OP
OP
Tom'n'Gill

Tom'n'Gill

Free Member
Jan 3, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Some experience.
We have arrived, on pitch 81, we should warn you we are the devils spawn, we are in a CARAVAN!!!!!

Biffo57

Free Member
Mar 13, 2016
Littleborough, Rochdale Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trailer
Exp
I'm a newbe
camper075B15D.gif
loving this

OP
OP
Tom'n'Gill

Tom'n'Gill

Free Member
Jan 3, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Some experience.
We have moved to Camping Calpemar, still in the devils spawn, pitch 95 if you want to take the mickey.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back