Electric step on Autotrail (1 Viewer)

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Think you can remove the fuse to stop it working, from memory it is one of the micro fuses in the cab behind the drivers seat.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Is there a particular reason you wish to turn it off? As there is a link you can remove in the EM50 unit behind the drivers seat that stops it operating every time you lock or unlock the hab door. It then basically retracts when you start engine, for obvious reasons but when parked up, once you have lowered the step it stays down until you again start the engine, unless you operate the switch at the hab door entrance. I must admit it used to get on my nerves lifting and lowering every time I locked or unlocked the door, now it operates just how I like it.
Sorry if I've jumped the gun Ithaca reasons you may wish to turn it off. However, one of these links in the unit may well isolate it altogether. I think the step supply is shared with something else so removing the fuse may isolate something you don't want to. I'm sure someone on here may be able to offer further info. The details for the link which can be removed are on the sargent technical website.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Depending on what control panel you have above the door...

Yes you can do certain changes on later models..
I have mine set so it does not keep going in when you set the alarm, a pain when your on a pitch or rally for a few days. But still goes in when you start the engine ready to move off.

http://sargentshop.co.uk/epages/eshop328964.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop328964/Categories/TechData/"Product Information"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
image.png

This is the EM50 fuse and link (jumper) plan. Fuse 5 electric step. Jumper 1 will stop step operating when you lock door if you remove the link.

OP
OP
Barney23
Dec 27, 2013
Haydock
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2012
Thank You to everyone who took time to reply (y)
The reason for wanting to switch step off is that when we put awning up, we want to put a draught skirt on which we cannot do when step is deployed, unless anyone has any other solutions ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
The easiest way is to enter the program mode on the head unit above the door - on the Autotrail flash screen, press and hold the up & down arrows for a few seconds until it beeps. Then simply scroll down to the step feature and turn the auto setting to off. This way it won't operate via the central locking, but you can still use it manually via the button by the door

Mar 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
fiat dicatto
Hi all my step on Fiat auto trail is down and won’t retract I’ve changed the fuse F5 20amp fuse at back of seat and still won’t work any ideas anyone

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back