Night nite light, silly but suit Hymer or sim (1 Viewer)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
This maybe handy for those with drop down beds or similar. Ginny just thought I was being daft as normal or simply bored!

I could never make out the time on the clock in the dark in the night, fumbled about for tortch which was not where I left it, and switching main light on was not an option as I can't reach switch without waking Ginny up!

This is perfect though and I can discretely see the clock without waking Ginny!

Just a 9 volt 6LR61 (sort used in smoke detectors etc), a simple circuit with a LED spotlight lamp which conveniently the prongs fit into a connector block, some Velcro to afix, little switch above my head and hey presto! The battery I've put into a cycle repair kit box.

Even Ginny likes it :), and I can see the clock now (y).

Just need to get another spare battery for smoke alarm :rolleyes:.

20160319_110858.jpg
20160319_110845.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Wouldn't it have been simpler to get another clock that you press to illuminate and stick it above you on the ceiling????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Wouldn't it have been simpler to get another clock that you press to illuminate and stick it above you on the ceiling????

I tried that but couldn't find anything suitable but I agree would be simple!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Broken Link Removed

Nice little clock but exactly how do you 'stick it' to the roof above your head? You need access to the back so you can't stick that and it has snooze button on the top so no good either. Plus I enjoyed the engineering in my solution...;)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Nice little clock but exactly how do you 'stick it' to the roof above your head? You need access to the back so you can't stick that and it has snooze button on the top so no good either. Plus I enjoyed the engineering in my solution...;)
Once the date and time is set why would you need to access the back.
And if its a must, stick it with velcro.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Once the date and time is set why would you need to access the back.
And if its a must, stick it with velcro.

It's a bit too close to my head, the ticking would keep me awake!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
This maybe handy for those with drop down beds or similar. Ginny just thought I was being daft as normal or simply bored!

I could never make out the time on the clock in the dark in the night, fumbled about for tortch which was not where I left it, and switching main light on was not an option as I can't reach switch without waking Ginny up!

This is perfect though and I can discretely see the clock without waking Ginny!

Just a 9 volt 6LR61 (sort used in smoke detectors etc), a simple circuit with a LED spotlight lamp which conveniently the prongs fit into a connector block, some Velcro to afix, little switch above my head and hey presto! The battery I've put into a cycle repair kit box.

Even Ginny likes it :), and I can see the clock now (y).

Just need to get another spare battery for smoke alarm :rolleyes:.

View attachment 97582 View attachment 97583
I love inventiveness, you can't beat it. Nice one Dave.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Handy bit of kit that int it 99p, think I'll have one or two

Interesting....Just had a look and if you chose a colour the price rises to £4.31....Still cheap but not sure what you get for 99p!!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Interesting....Just had a look and if you chose a colour the price rises to £4.31....Still cheap but not sure what you get for 99p!!
Ha, its the watch clock whatever that is!, thought it was to good to be true, they usually are:(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Velcro as ppj said, that's what I've done with mine and it's much bigger than the one in the link, and doesn't drop off either!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I never said it was only 99p, it was just a link to a suitable type of clock, there are quite a few on Ebay if you want to have a look, or you could try to get one via auction as they can go for quite a bit less if you're lucky.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
I never said it was only 99p, it was just a link to a suitable type of clock, there are quite a few on Ebay if you want to have a look, or you could try to get one via auction as they can go for quite a bit less if you're lucky.

Didn't say you did Minxy Girl..
What I was pointing out was that the website showed the clocks as being 99p when you first opened the link but changed to a higher price when the colour was chosen.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Didn't say you did Minxy Girl..
What I was pointing out was that the website showed the clocks as being 99p when you first opened the link but changed to a higher price when the colour was chosen.
No I know you didn't, but that's how they advertise them on Ebay, it's a way of getting them to show at the lowest prices end of the 'list' when people are looking for one and hopefully someone will buy one via them. Its like people who list stuff starting at 99p but want a hell of a lot more (reserved price) ... drives me nuts!

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
I did warn in the title it was silly!

Last job I had was electrical changing electric meters, so when I found myself with some wire, spare LED's and a battery I couldn't resist the challenge!

What it does have though over the stick on clock, is a nice gentle soft glow that's useful for those middle of the night toilet trips :rolleyes:.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Timex Wrist Watch £19.99 @Argos press the winder and the watch face lights up(y)

Sounds good but does it put my glasses on too?!! Can't read either type without them! Best thing is...If it's dark then go back to sleep, if it's light then put the kettle on...:giggler:

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
To solve the same problem we found in a french supermarket a travel clock that when you press the button on the top it projects the time on the ceiling.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The 99p item is an entirely different product! All the clocks which look like the first image which appear are all around £4 but if you click on the LCD Watch something different appears and that is 99p.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
To solve the same problem we found in a french supermarket a travel clock that when you press the button on the top it projects the time on the ceiling.
Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back