Invite to our lovely Peak District CL:-) (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2015
Addingham, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f
Exp
Veteran
https://sites.google.com/site/whitehousefarmcaravansite/

Close to the Tissington Trail for cycling/walking and there are walks form the site gate into Dove Dale and Hartington. Quiet and as a guest said "one of the best views we have ever woken up to"!

We now have 2 hard standings for all year round fun too. All welcome on a "you show us your van, we will show you ours" basis!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Have to give you a try my brother lives in Tidewell so might come next time we visit

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Great thanks weep be in touch. Running the 3 shires ultra in April so ideal place

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
What a nice site.
If we bring the caravan over to the UK.
I will try that out as my son now lives in Chessterfield it will be ideal.

Mel

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@Kool Kroozer normally the price is increased because of the anticipated greater use of electricity In winter.

Looks a lovely site but as a solo traveller can't justify the cost when I can be on a C &CC site for about £10 with elec. Sorry !!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
How come either is that much, thought cls were about a fiver
There seems to be fewer & fewer lower cost cl's/cs's......this one is about average price, but as Cal54 says, sometimes the club sites can work out cheaper these days with the various offers they do.

Does look a lovely site :)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Always love the area so will look you up soon, just waiting for the dryer weather !

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Ive stayed at Biggin Hall hotel quite a few times ,the Hartington campsite is in a beautifull area, when i drag my caravan up i stay at the CL at Fanshawe Lane Holmesfield just on the edge of the National Park, it has 6 hard standings , i was at Biggin Hall last month and we had an enjoyable time ,its walking,cycling country with some stunning views.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Close to the Tissington Trail for cycling/walking and there are walks form the site gate into Dove Dale and Hartington. Quiet and as a guest said "one of the best views we have ever woken up to"!

We now have 2 hard standings for all year round fun too. All welcome on a "you show us your van, we will show you ours" basis!

This reads badly. I take it you mean 2 hard plus 3 grass pitches. Same on your web site. People see 2 and think "must be a bit small" whereas hit them with "5 Pitches with 2 hard standing" looks more inviting.

Grand area, I ride it often and with great pleasure.

OP
OP
Richard Mason
Nov 9, 2015
Addingham, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f
Exp
Veteran
Agree, just changed the wording this morning on CC site. I think we will make 3 more hard standings nect winter after the mess a MH made yesterday:-(
We don't have showers but find most people are happy to use the MH or caravan showers.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Its a long time since I've stayed on a site, either small 5-van one or a main one, how do the prices compare nowadays?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Cl or site. It doesn't matter to us. As long as it's nice with great countryside on the doorstep like this one.
Looks lovely and we'll bear you in mind next time we're up your way.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We have a favourite CS a bit further North in Castleton and the "all in" price is comparable however they have a lower basic charge of £10pn and you only pay for electric and awnings if you want them.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
I agree you should only pay for what you use.
Booked onto a Haven site in June to take kids no options. pitch ehu entertainment etc.
but it's only £64 for the week.
I did use CL's and temp holiday sites but they have got to expensive.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

Thanks for the info , as quite local and members of CC will bear you in mind for future weekends!(y)

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
Hi Richard & Janet
It looks a lovely site will look at getting up to stop with you. I have saved your site in my virtual brochure on ukcampsite.
We often use CL,s and love them.
Nicki & Phil
P.S We would be looking to bring our TOAD would that be ok.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We have a favourite CS a bit further North in Castleton and the "all in" price is comparable however they have a lower basic charge of £10pn and you only pay for electric and awnings if you want them.
Is that the one close to the caravan club site please?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Is that the one close to the caravan club site please?

Yes, it's almost behind the CC site. It's called Fields Farm.

The lady who owns it is very keen on checking C&CC cards so if you go don't forget to take yours (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Yes, it's almost behind the CC site. It's called Fields Farm.

The lady who owns it is very keen on checking C&CC cards so if you go don't forget to take yours (y)
Thanks, we're in both clubs & have been for years but are thinking of ditching the cc this time....fancy trying some of the c&cc THS's.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back