Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
Im using my TV for the first time in my new MH but every time the water is run the TV goes blank .Had a Aerial fitted by the dealer before I bought the van ; have they connected it incorrectly or is there something that I can do to solve this. The Aerial is a Status I believe and there is a little box of tricks labelled Vision Plus digital amplifier in the cupboard below .Any feedback would be most appreciated . Thanks (n)

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
There should be a light on the amplifier, does it go out when you turn on the tap?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sounds like an interference problem. Fitting a capacitor across the pump terminals might cure it. Cost should be very low but I suggest contacting the dealer first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Im using my TV for the first time in my new MH but every time the water is run the TV goes blank .Had a Aerial fitted by the dealer before I bought the van ; have they connected it incorrectly or is there something that I can do to solve this. The Aerial is a Status I believe and there is a little box of tricks labelled Vision Plus digital amplifier in the cupboard below .Any feedback would be most appreciated . Thanks (n)

The vision plus box is a signal finder.....when you switch it on you will notice a red light.........if you rotate the aerial to the best signal available it should go to amber then green.

Each time you move you will have to retune the tv unless you are in the same area.

Your problem with the tv going blank may well be your battery power is very low and the tv is not getting enough when the pump runs.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Connecting the T.V. to mains power will / should eradicate any battery power issues too & eliminate that potential cause.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I agree with low battery power.
The tv will have a minimum working voltage and starting the pump may be enough to drop the voltage below the minimum required.
Your battery may just need charging, or could be past its best and not accepting a full charge.
If you have a voltmeter connect it across the battery and check the voltage, turn on the tv and note the battery voltage then start the pump and check the voltage with the pump running.
If it drops considerably the battery may be kaput....or needs a proper charge then test again.

OP
OP
Melvin

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
Thanks for the replies ,I'm running on mains as my TV is not 12v, the Batt should be OK as it should be new as is the van. The vision plus box light is on red as that is all Iget in any position that I move the aerial .I will have to speak to the dealer when I get home about this and also I have just realised that I don't have any instructions for the extras that they fitted, which I assume I should have . Once again thanks to all .

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Thanks for the replies ,I'm running on mains as my TV is not 12v, the Batt should be OK as it should be new as is the van. The vision plus box light is on red as that is all Iget in any position that I move the aerial .I will have to speak to the dealer when I get home about this and also I have just realised that I don't have any instructions for the extras that they fitted, which I assume I should have . Once again thanks to all .
Melvin, there is a little dial in the right hand side of the vision plus box......you can turn it clockwise to boost your signal........failing that you might have to put the aerial in the vertical (red) on the pole that goes through the roof. By turning the handle at the bottom.

Your signal booster will be running on 12v also, so the problem might still manifest itself through your 12v system.

Nothing worse when you cannot tune in.......even though there is never nothing on.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
The first time we used our Avtex T.V. in Llandovery 3 weeks ago the signal finder / amplifier would not turn amber or green & was on red but to our surprise we had a reasonable enough signal to pick up most channels - why this is I don't know as i'm not an expert - just saying our experience.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
@Melvin
Might not be the exact model fitted but may be of some assistance?
I've got the manual for the 530 as well but too large to upload. Could e-mail to you if of any use.

Attachments

• Status 550 instructions.pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 8

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back