Ford Servicing Comes With Free AA Euro Recovery (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
After many years as happy Britannia Recovery customers we won't be renewing as now both our motorhome & car are newish Fords & found that the "free" recovery (currently run by the AA) that comes with a dealer service is enough cover for UK & Europe for us saving us £75+ per year (y) Thought that we should highlight this potential saving as not always mentioned by the dealerships. It won't be ideal for everyone as unlike Britannia it does not cover a relief driver or ferry charges although up to £600 can be claimed for someone to collect the vehicle on your behalf. It also pays out less for overnight stays but other than that from our point of view the cover compares well but please check the small print to make sure it suits you. Don't want anyone to be stuck somewhere & cursing us Wombles if something isn't covered! :eek:
If anyone has bought a Ford & wants to check if it is already covered just call them & give your registration http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/VehicleServiceandRepair/ServicePromotions/RoadsideAssistance

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
As a nearly new Ford owner I've found the only real downside of this otherwise great scheme is the cost of official Ford servicing - but that's another story.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As a nearly new Ford owner I've found the only real downside of this otherwise great scheme is the cost of official Ford servicing - but that's another story.
We always ring around dealerships & then get local Ford garage to match the deal - they always start off quoting silly prices!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Always ring around dealerships & then get local Ford garage to match the deal - they always start off quoting silly prices!

Thank you for your advice but I've tried that.

All three of my local Fraud dealers are quoting in excess of £200 for a two year service, which is only oil & filter & a mooch around . . . :sneaky:

Sufficient high quality oil & an oil filter costs less than £50 at retail price, so it's around £150 labour for around one & a half hours work . . although the A.A. rescue is included I'm in the A.A. & have been for over 25 years, so see no benefit from that & of course the warranty is maintained, but it would be at a non Ford garage if the t's & c's are observed.

Hey ho - the joys of car ownership I guess :)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Worth checking the dealer has updated the data base to say you are still covered checked before going to France last year and ours hadn't

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back