Baavet Wool Duvets - Funster 20% Discount Until 31st December 2016 (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks to a helpful response from Baavet we now have a Funster discount code which gives 20% off their full price (excludes Baby, Pet & Bargain Box Items) products http://www.baavet.co.uk/shop (y)
Our exclusive code is MHFUN16 which will be active until 31st December 2016.
As mentioned by other members they do also have an excellent Bargain Box section which changes daily. Having read & heard so many positive reviews of their products we have just ordered Bargain Box duvets for both home & the motorhome reduced to as low as £70 as in between their medium & winter weights or have small marks plus some full price pillows with extra covers & storage bags all reduced with discount :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If anyone wants to see these wool duvets & pillows before buying - Baavet have stands at a lot of the country shows this year, the Ideal Home Show plus a couple of motorhome shows see http://www.baavet.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=15 for full list.
Motorhome shows with Baavet stands are Yorkshire (March), Newark & Peterborough (April). Having checked with them it is unlikely that a better discount than our Funster 20% will be offered there but can always order online with our code after the show :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Thanks Wombles, may buy one for my daughter. We have them for the home and MH use them all year round. They do smell a bit sheepy when you first get them out so air them. But i quite like the woolly smell :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks Wombles, may buy one for my daughter. We have them for the home and MH use them all year round. They do smell a bit sheepy when you first get them out so air them. But i quite like the woolly smell :)
I read about that being down to the lanolin (which deters dust mites) here http://www.baavet.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=11 & good to know that it fades (y) It can't be as bad as the goose poo smell we had with our down duvets that just got stronger! Considered trying washing the goose ones but numerous reports online that washing just made the smell worse so they had to go despite being really comfy.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
So far so good - Yodel delivered our well packed order yesterday so earlier than expected. First impressions are that they aren't as bulky or as heavy to handle (even though Medium to Winter weight) as online reviews made me think which is good (especially for in the motorhome) & all the items do have a quality look & feel.
We agree with @Spidey that the slight sheepy smell is actually very pleasant :)
Little bags of lavender are included with each duvet (even our Bargain Box ones) which is a nice touch plus a sample so you can see what the inside of the duvet looks like:
DSCF4728.JPG

Pillows feel lovely & glad we chose the well stuffed 900gm versions with the extra cotton cover.
The storage bags http://www.baavet.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=25&product_id=1304 (tucked away on the website) will be ideal for storing the motorhome duvets when not in use & a good deal at £4 after Funster discount (y)
DSCF4727.jpg

Last edited:

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
To use the code go to View Basket and don't just go to Checkout like I tried the first time. :oops:

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Good to know that the code is getting used (y) What did you choose?
The lightweight double, been suffering for a while with the too hot too cold problem, fingers crossed this is the cure :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The lightweight double, been suffering for a while with the too hot too cold problem, fingers crossed this is the cure :)
Same here - I hope so too - will find out in a few days when I've got around to changing the beds.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Well we all overslept this morning & had a very comfy good nights sleep - felt warm but no overheating ::bigsmile: Even our teenage son said "it's lovely" about his Baavet duvet & he isn't easy to please! For anyone considering what weight Baavet might suit them think that medium is ideal for an unheated ventilated room overnight & the Bargain Box overweight between medium & winter are great for anyone that really feels the cold. The winter weight & above is probably good enough for extreme winter camping in a tent! If you have a heated bedroom then would imagine that the light ones would be best.
We liked the wool pillows too as supportive without being too firm but needed to remove some of the (900gm) filling but as we ordered extra zip up pillowcases anticipating this we can just make another pillow with the extra (y) I put a lavender sachet (came with the duvets) in the middle of the stuffing of our pillows which may be what helped us sleep so well too.
One of the Bargain Box duvets did arrive with more marks on it than described so I have ordered a replacement & will be testing their returns policy for that one. All the other duvets, pillows, pillowcases & bags are fine.
Has anyone else received their order yet & what do you think of yours?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Definitely going over budget this month even after spending my birthday money as have been tempted again by the Baavet Bargain Box & ordered some more :whistle:
They have a sale on so even lower than before - especially good value are the ones whose only fault is being over or under their weight categories which work out cheaper than the standard weight duvets even after Funster discount!
Current non-standard weight duvets - single from £63, double from £60 & king size from £74.
Don't forget our 20% code off for standard weight duvets, pillows, covers, mattress toppers & bags :)
They also have overweight large cot duvets which at £35 make a great budget single bed mattress protector or skinny topper at 330-360gm so like the light weight duvet. On a standard single bed it will cover all apart from the pillow area so not perfect but may suit some. Might explore finding suitable covers (120cm x 150cm) for these as would be great instead of a throw in the motorhome... If anyone knows of any nice ones then please post. Think you can tell that we like this product as keep thinking of other uses for it - just as well we don't have a dog as the pet beds look really great too!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bargain Box now back to normal discounts although still good value - their stocks of these look depleted so perhaps we now have some more Funsters coverted to Baavet?!

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We found that we had to remove stuffing from our pillows. Didn't know about the spare pillowcases what a good idea. We have the med weight duvets and keep them on all year round

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Buying 3 Baavet pillows with 900gm stuffing & extra (zip up) pillow case easily makes 4 pillows that are just right for us after adjusting the stuffing levels! (y) Compared to down pillows the wool ones seem firm at first but really comfortable & no overheating so prefer these now. The wool in these is in balls so the pillow adjusts to your head shape without sinking down into it so ideal for side sleepers. Broken Link Removed Putting the lavender bags (come with the duvets) in the middle of the stuffing makes them smell lovely but not essential as the pillows don't seem to have any sheepy smell. Our other money saving idea of using the Bargain Box overweight Large Cot Duvets as a single bed (pillow area not covered) mattress protector / lightweight topper has also had the seal of approval from our son :) The storage bags work well with our single overweight medium duvets for the motorhome but would probably be a tight fit for a double unless it's a lightweight one.

Last edited:

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Used for the first time over the Easter weekend. Best nights sleeps I've had in a long time. Totally converted to these now. :h:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Used for the first time over the Easter weekend. Best nights sleeps I've had in a long time. Totally converted to these now. :h:
Yay! Good to know that (y)
Only problem for us is now we want to change to all wool filled pillows too (or at least the top ones) so totally blown our budget for this month:eek:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just to update - no problems returning the one Bargain Box duvet that had more marks than we were happy with. Baavet do take a day or two to reply to emails but otherwise the returns process was easy & the refund issued promptly. Always think you can judge a company best by their aftersales policy.
Now ordering a mattress topper & pillows as definitely sleep better in sheep! images (3).jpg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
There are some no fault just under or over their weight categories single (from £69), king & super king size duvets in the Bargain Box section at the moment which currently work out even better deals than using the Funster discount code (y)
If anyone has ordered previously or consequently does place a Baavet order as a result of this thread either with the code or from their Bargain Box then please post here or PM me as it helps with negotiating future discount codes for Funsters if I can show sales have increased as a result :)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Saw them at the show yesterday I think I will be purchasing a duvet and pillows at some point as I did like the quality of them

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bump - for anyone who has seen these at the shows & wants to buy with Funster discount :) Don't forget to check the Bargain Box especially for duvets that are just under or over their standard weights with no faults (y) All our wool duvets have been from the Bargain Box & the 20% code is ideal for pillows & storage bags. If you have any problems they have a good returns policy.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Due to some renewed interest in Baavet by new Funsters we've contacted them to see if they are happy to offer a Fun discount code again - will update here & start new thread if they do :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
*****************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE 2020: Baavet responded & kindly offered code ewe2u which gives 20% off full priced items (y) Keep an eye out for when they restock the Bargain Box though as reductions for underweight or overweight duvets could be more than that. Please note that some of their products do have a slight sheepy smell (somewhat improved by airing & much better than duck!) from the lanolin in the wool which deters dust mites but may not suit some. We have Baavet mattress toppers & duvets - some have a slight sheepiness but others & pillows have none at all - we get the best nights sleep with these :)

******************************************************************************************************************

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Are they likely to give a code for 2021.
Thanks

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I've never seen this thread before - I ordered one at the start of the year so I sort of hope not! :giggle:

I know they aren't cheap but I'm really glad I invested in one of their duvets, great company to deal with and excellent product.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Are they likely to give a code for 2021.
Thanks
See post #13 here Broken Link Removed for 20% discount off full price items - just did a dummy order & it's still working (y)
Edit: Just spotted it's on the 2020 post above too!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I've never seen this thread before - I ordered one at the start of the year so I sort of hope not! :giggle:

I know they aren't cheap but I'm really glad I invested in one of their duvets, great company to deal with and excellent product.
Sorry Debs - there is (see above) but only for full price items so if you bought from the Baargain Box it would have still been good value. We are fans of these wool duvets too :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back