Tables. Folding / Drop leaf ?? (1 Viewer)

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Lower Froyle, Alton, Hampshire Surrey borders
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
The supplied table in our Burstner is too big and too heavy. It takes up too much room and whilst it moves around on it's pedestal it is a fixture so can't be removed and stowed away. We need to replace it with a smaller and removable table but can't find anything suiteable. I am looking at a useful boat table that can stand on a removeable pedestal but it only comes in teak and might be a bit heavy.
See :- http://www.marineteak.co.uk/nautic-star-sealine-s34-slide-800mm-teak-table-337-p.asp
Anyone got suggestions please
Norm

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
@scotjimland did a similar coversion to the table in his hymer to make it removable and a comprehensive thread with directions.
Can't find it being on my phone but it should come up if you do a search

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Thanks Hils. I've seen a similar site and agree they will be lighter. The advantage of the teak one I referred to is that it has two leafs that reduce it's size and will make it easier to move around and/or stow away.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks Hils. I've seen a similar site and agree they will be lighter. The advantage of the teak one I referred to is that it has two leafs that reduce it's size and will make it easier to move around and/or stow away.
If you are willing to pay that sort of money for a very heavy table, why not have a word with a cabinet maker and get him to make a table top for you then combine that with a removable leg?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have an extending table in our Hymer, been away with Burstner owners that have your massive table and fancied fitting ours in place of theirs, we envy the fact that they have anywhere near enough room for the huge fixed table

just take it out, eat out (y)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Table in Rapido was also huge and heavy, far bigger than was needed for the two of us. Removed it and shoved it in the loft (not easy they really are heavy) and replaced it with a smaller tabletop on a removable leg, weighing very little.
Because the base for the removable leg is smaller than the base of the original table, if on reselling we put the original table back, it will cover the screw holes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
The Burstner table is brilliant it's just huge and weighs a ton! Nearly had a hernia getting it in the loft.
Given that so many people moan about them I can't understand why they continue to fit them. Must be a German thing ? Haven't time to have one made. We're off to Italy at end of April.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The Burstner table is brilliant it's just huge and weighs a ton! Nearly had a hernia getting it in the loft.
Given that so many people moan about them I can't understand why they continue to fit them. Must be a German thing ? Haven't time to have one made. We're off to Italy at end of April.
... its only mid-March now ...

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
we have an extending table in our Hymer, been away with Burstner owners that have your massive table and fancied fitting ours in place of theirs, we envy the fact that they have anywhere near enough room for the huge fixed table

just take it out, eat out (y)

Yes we loved your table David. As @Minxy Girl suggests we had a new top made but we did keep the base. The origional table top now lives under a bed somewhere at home, our cabinet maker at work made us a new top much smaller, which I love, it just screwed to the origional pedestal and slides away really well but is still big enough to eat with friends.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back