Help required to find Aire on route South out of Calais (1 Viewer)

Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
Last year we drove down to Bergerac area and headed south out of Calais and within a couple of hours or so stopped for a kip at an Aire on a motorway service.

The Aire was set in a bit of a wetland wildlife park with wooden walkways over some streams with some very noisy frogs (of the amphibious kind! ;-). )

We will probably want to make a stop around the same place on our trip later this week.

If anyone can tell me where this place is or a good alternative to get a few hours shuteye within 2-4 hours from Calais that would be very helpful.

I wait in eager anticipation.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Was there a wind turbine on the site? If so it sounds like the Baie de Somme service area on the A16.

About 3 hours from Calais if you go over the Pont de Normandie you've got the Honfleur aire just off the A29.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
It is the Baie de Somme Aire

See details here
http://www.campercontact.com/en/fra...562/motorhome-parking-aire-baie-de-somme.aspx

and on Google Maps
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x47ddf274d723979d:0x381c2b1dea2b8f67

BUT buy your fuel here which is easier than the Calais stops and cheaper than the motorways.

Auchan Boulogne sur Mer
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...e!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x554e27ef28a01f5b

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Agree it will be Baie de Somme on motorway, used it a lot ourselves, got free wifi as well, now being more careful with my money since partial retirement, we avoid paid for roads, one of our recent trips down that way, we rejoined the motorway at Abbeville where it becomes free, planning to stop at the aire with the wind turbine

Got nearly to Rouen before I worked out what had gone wrong with that plan o_O

OP
OP
Hooflungdung
Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks all. That looks like the one. Also, I found another post relating to the Neufchatel Aire which seems popular so seems we have a couple of choices plus I have downloaded the CamperContact app so now we're really spoilt for choice.

Only 2 days to go now!

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks all. That looks like the one. Also, I found another post relating to the Neufchatel Aire which seems popular so seems we have a couple of choices plus I have downloaded the CamperContact app so now we're really spoilt for choice.

Only 2 days to go now!
We can reccomend the Neufchâtel en bray aire it's only just off the motorway

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hooflungdung
Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
Ok..... Thanks for all this. We found the Baie de Somme Aire and it was the one I remembered although the frogs were a lot quieter so it must be a time of year thing.

We also pulled off at Neufchatel to do a drive by on the Aire there and stocked up with fuel and some grub at the Intermarche just down the road. Looked fine and worth knowing for the future.

Also downloaded the Camper Contact app and that was very useful during our trip as was the Aire Guide which I purchased just before we departed.

I could have kicked myself for not getting an ACSI card as we could have easily recovered the cost on this trip but it's top of my To Do list now that we are back.

Thanks again for the advice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back