A few questions for first time camper (1 Viewer)

snooky

Free Member
Feb 17, 2016
teesside
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Just a few questions for you experienced people out there.
where is the best place to buy a windbreaker from thats big enough to go around our sun canopy so id say about 1.5 mts high and around 6mts long but could buy 2x3mts if cheaper and needs to be one that can be put into the grass in hot dry summer conditions without the poles snapping.
Also what waste pipe do I need as its around 2-3" bore but ive only seen very small types and what end do I need to go on a hose pipe so I can fill my fresh water up while on site.
Tia snooky.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.
I can easily answer the one about water filling. It's the same connectors you'd use for a garden hose (Hozelok etc.) Get them at the garden centre or supermarket. They are cheaper there.
I find it useful to carry a Heosafe filler cap to put on the tank while filling. That way you don't need more hands than come as standard!

Wyn

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

snooky

Free Member
Feb 17, 2016
teesside
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Thanks for that, ive got a hoselok fitting so will just use that, and since posting this ive been on aldi and bought 2 windbreaks so happy about that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Your waste depends on the van you get we got an extension pipe with our Hymer Exsis the pipe is high pressure grey water pipe you can get fittings on line on ebay

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Also what waste pipe do I need as its around 2-3" bore but ive only seen very small types
That seems pretty big. Ours is 40mm. I bought some flexible hose at Pondkeeper in Billingham. Water garden hose is much cheaper than motorhome hose (even though it's pretty similar) :) Autoplus in Norton has a range of hoses but I don't think they have anything 2-3" wide.

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.
I can easily answer the one about water filling. It's the same connectors you'd use for a garden hose (Hozelok etc.) Get them at the garden centre or supermarket. They are cheaper there.
I find it useful to carry a Heosafe filler cap to put on the tank while filling. That way you don't need more hands than come as standard!

Wyn

Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
The waste pipe isn't usually an issue, most places have a drive over drain. And if they don't ask if there is somewhere you can dump the grey water. We do have a 2 metre length of flexi hose on board and it was the largest bore they had in the caravan shop I went to. Sadly I can't remember the actual diameter.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

snooky

Free Member
Feb 17, 2016
teesside
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Thanks for replies, I've found a great fix. A bucket and the diameter doesn't seem to matter

Reactions: GJH
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back