LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think it's one of those places that you just drive straight past or by-pass all together.

Well this time we decided to stop at the Parc de attractions that is shown as a possible stop on the camperstop app, nice big car park without facilities, no 34 bus every 7 minutes (every 7 minutes!!) straight into Zaragoza. Nice town, another fantastic Cathedral/basilica and several museums, tourist information open on Sunday.
image.jpg

image.jpg

The river is up into the trees and park benches.

Just updating with the parking details now we are back from town and the van is still here!

It's Pargue de Atracciones de Zaragoza (fun fair)

GPS N 41.619732 W 0.900990 or N 41 37' 11" W 0 54' 3"

image.jpeg

Nice big spaces and loads of room, Tom Tom brings you through the 3.5T weight limit and Co-Pilot goes around it !!

Martin

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
We parked in the same place last year and thoroughly enjoyed Zaragoza. The tapas was great. Just a note for others using the site, when the park is closed [fun fair] the buses don't run. We did find it easy to park near the city with only a short walk, then at night drove back and stayed in the carpark [fun fair]. The photo's bring back some memories. Thanks for the post.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Not wishing to Hijack your thread, but it seems relevent, we stopped at the fun-fair three weeks ago en route to Alcossebre. We will be heading back on Friday and need an aire near Zaragoza, we wanted to try the La Joyosa site, but had access difficulties 3 weeks ago, anyone know if it's open?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We parked in the same place last year and thoroughly enjoyed Zaragoza. The tapas was great. Just a note for others using the site, when the park is closed [fun fair] the buses don't run. We did find it easy to park near the city with only a short walk, then at night drove back and stayed in the carpark [fun fair]. The photo's bring back some memories. Thanks for the post.
Ha Ha that will be why we didn't see any buses this morning (Monday) I guess they still run from further down towards the cemetery as the fun fair is a there and back at the end of the line, the official route is cemetery to the central bus station Delicias.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not wishing to Hijack your thread, but it seems relevent, we stopped at the fun-fair three weeks ago en route to Alcossebre. We will be heading back on Friday and need an aire near Zaragoza, we wanted to try the La Joyosa site, but had access difficulties 3 weeks ago, anyone know if it's open?
Sorry can't help, but you are welcome to ask on here, are you doing the Santander ferry?

Martin

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
What you failed to mention and so do the camper contacts ap is that the parking area is almost under the inner ring road. Stopped there last Thursday night, could have been under the M25, may be all right for a day park up, but we did not feel comfortable at night and would not recommend it for stopover. In fact this area lacks any good stopovers, We called in at Pamplona too much snow, Tudela , a car park between blocks of Flats. and Zaragosa. Problem is the majority of the countryside is barren wasteland. If anyone has any knowledge of better stopovers in that area please feel free to share them.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
What you failed to mention and so do the camper contacts ap is that the parking area is almost under the inner ring road. Stopped there last Thursday night, could have been under the M25, may be all right for a day park up, but we did not feel comfortable at night and would not recommend it for stopover. In fact this area lacks any good stopovers, We called in at Pamplona too much snow, Tudela , a car park between blocks of Flats. and Zaragosa. Problem is the majority of the countryside is barren wasteland. If anyone has any knowledge of better stopovers in that area please feel free to share them.
Are we talking about the same place, big car park at the fun fair top of the hill surrounded by trees.

Martin

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
I don't think MA is talking about the same place you and I used Martin. The funfair car park was quiet and we had peaceful night there. Looking at your photo I think I parked in almost the same spot! We saw one bus in the morning, but we left about 8:15 am.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Great photos Nos 1 & 2 Martin. (I've seen No3 several times. :LOL: )

Nice big spaces and loads of room, Tom Tom brings you through the 3.5T weight limit and Co-Pilot goes around it !!
TomTom Truck Maps, or Car Maps please Martin?

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Great photos Nos 1 & 2 Martin. (I've seen No3 several times. :LOL: )

TomTom Truck Maps, or Car Maps please Martin?

Cheers,

Jock. :)

TomTom car Jock, Co-pilot would have been OK this time.

Ha ha photo 3 was supposed to show all the space and big parking spaces but instead it just looks like our MH parked up on a grey day.

Martin

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We spent Sunday night near to Zaragosa. We use the Aire de Service on the AP68 at Sobradiel.
There is a facility on both the Norh and Southbound carriageways. We have been using the
facility for the past 4 years without any problems. The service station is manned 24 hours as
Is the cafeteria.

Brisey.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Thanks Brisey, looks like that might do us, I notice another Aire de Service at Trudela if we make it that far.

I'll try to reduce my run time on Saturday to Santander if possible. I'm happy to get to the port hours before the boat if necessary, I don't want to miss it they all fully booked for the following weeks.

Gerry

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
We stopped last night in Teruel at the Parking Cuartel Guardia Civil. It is in mixed parking at the Plaza Guardia Civil. Ok for an overnight stop and Mercadona just round the corner!!
It's on Campercontact site code: 25719

Co-ords : N40.331322. W1.092730
N40d19'52". W001d05'33"

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back