Arrg Blocked Sink (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Busily prepping for first trip away and systematically checking everything and the sink suddenly won't drain. So off to get a drain plunger but any suggestions will be received with thanks. We don't put fat down the sink and it appeared to drain ok yesterday.

I am not a fan of the drain buster products as I am not clear on what damage they could do. This is a 8 month old Rapido so I am a bit perplexed!

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
You may need to follow the drain pipe through the cupboards and see if it has any kinks in it.
Also first check the trap under the bowl if there is one.
The pipe is not a large diameter and can easily become blocked.
If it is Teed in with the bathroom sink that could also be the problem, the Tee has an even smaller internal diameter.

Washing your hair in these sinks is not to be recommended, we have one of these in the shower waste, it catches a load of hair after every shower.

New-Handle-Mesh-font-b-Stainless-b-font-Steel-Kitchen-Bathroom-font-b-Sink-b-font.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Is your grey tank empty?
Is the van level?
Have you tried removing the waste trap from under the sink and cleaning it?

I wouldn't use drain blocker, but try hot water and soda crystals.

Good luck

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I would try some gentle pressure put about 5" of water in the sink put your cupped hand on the plughole and move your hand up and down. What you dont want to do is push the fitting off the bottom of the sink by using too much pressure it would be bad news!!!!. When it stats to drain slowlt put quite hot water in the sink and odds on it will start to drain faster there is probably some congealed fat in the u trap (never put fat down the sink the drain pipe is usually corrugated and when is sets it clogs easily best to save an empty tin can with some kitchen roll in put it in there to set and bin it)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
clanjones
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks guys making some progress - agree with all the comments being very carful with pressure. I'll keep you posted!

Upvote 0
Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Put a couple of teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda into the plug hole, make sure it goes down into the plug then pour distilled vinegar (white/clear) NOT malt over the bicarbonate of soda and quickly put the plug in (this will help make the fizz go down into the pipes). This will get rid of any fat etc and clear your pipes. Do this regular and you won't have anymore probs

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Put a couple of teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda into the plug hole, make sure it goes down into the plug then pour distilled vinegar (white/clear) NOT malt over the bicarbonate of soda and quickly put the plug in (this will help make the fizz go down into the pipes). This will get rid of any fat etc and clear your pipes. Do this regular and you won't have anymore probs
Going to try this one, our sink is forever getting bunged up :D

Upvote 0
?

Deleted User
Tesco own brand drain unblocker is ace. Pour in and let it sit for a while and flush.

Upvote 0

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
edit.....just noticed your sorted .....all good.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we keep a 2ltr bottle of own brand cola in the van to pour down the sink when it gums up. works well for 50p

Upvote 0
OP
OP
clanjones
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Traveling form Newcastle to Amsterdam as we live in Scotland Need to dash got a man to see about LPG!

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
be careful using conventional household drain unblockers. they are not really suited to motorhome plumbing and plastic sinks

Upvote 0

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Boiling water is all you need. Anything else can cause you big problems, often hidden for a good while as we found out when buying a 4 yr old MH. The drain from sink in kitchen had been leaking from new it seems to me, double floor had hidden that fault, lower floor area underneath was goosed.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back