Hella Socket (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi guys

Got a 12v hella socket in the front of my Carthago MH

image.jpeg

Will this socket be linked to the engine battery, via the ignition switch, or wil it be connected to the leisure batteries and be permanently live ?

I somehow want to use it to charge phones etc, but don't want to spend a fortune replacing the socket itself

Thanks
Robert

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Dare say it will be to your hab batteries, switched via your 12v panel. Test it with a meter, switch panel off and on. You can get convertors or change the face plate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
In our Burstner the two (original Fiat) cab sockets are lighter ones connected to the starter battery and only live when the ignition is on. In the living area all the 12v sockets are Hella, connected to the leisure battery.

We already had a couple of multi-sockets which we used for charging phones &c in the previous van. I simply bought a couple of Hella plugs and replaced the originals so that they can be plugged into the Hella sockets and no need to change individual chargers or mess about with the original sockets.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It will be connected to hab battery, only original Fiat sockets on the dash will connect to engine battery.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Update !!!!
Bought Hella plug with integrated USB socket only to find that when I plug it into the Hella socket that the 12v interior lights suddenly go off.
The lights are on Spring loaded dimmer switches
I'm wondering if there is a short circuit in the Hella / USB adaptor I've purchased?

Any suggestions would as ever be appreciated

I've got a digital multimeter if that helps?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back