Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi All Don't Cry for me Argentina.

This is just to introduce myself to all my other solo motorhomers, picking up my first motorhome this coming Friday and since this is the first time I’ve had one the UK seems the best place to get used to it, so if any solo fellow motorhomer wishes too hook up now when heading to the same area then I would be more than happy to oblige, hope to be doing a lot of wild camping mixed in with sites as well. Also hope to go on the continent some when in the future.

Best Wishes Tony

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi, There are a lot of solo travellers around. Come along to some meets. Most folk are friendly and mingle.
Also you might draw some other solos attention if you try posting here.

Broken Link Removed

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Hi and welcome from another 'soloist'. Like Sandra said above try and get to a rally/meet and you will get the opportunity to meet other solo travellers. We are a friendly bunch!

Hope you enjoy your experiences, it's a great life.

Carol

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Welcome , .there are a few of us at Romsey motorhome show in April if you want to drop in ..also Newbury show in May where there are a lot more funsters and a great early season get together..Roy

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello. Yep, there are loads of us and growing by the minute .... come along to some of the smaller meets and you will get to know many friends and acquaintances and share laughter, mh knowledge and music. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Welcome from a misty Yorkshire, if you are ever up this way feel free to call in here, always room for a, not toooo big van.(y)
Norman.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
there are a few of us at Romsey motorhome show
Hi Roy I was at that show last year the last day and looked in wonder at the new motorhomes and thought now if only Ernie would look favourably one me. LOL.
Hope to meet you someday best wishes Tony :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
always room for a, not toooo big van

Hi Norman you know I might just take you up on that, unfortunately I'm a Lancashire lad from Lancaster "No please don't start a rose war", I now live in the South and have done since I was 11, needless to say I'm a lot older and creakier now, just getting my motorhome this Friday so it will take me a while to sort things out.

Its 28ft 3”, will this fit or will I have to damage it on the way up to reduce the length, LOL.

Anyway it’s nice to know you, hope to see you around. Best Wishes Tony

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Tony,
No chance of starting a rose war as I am originally from Newcastle upon Tyne, you WOULD have to damage your van to fit on my drive thought.
There is a Chinese Restaurant in the village that allows vans to park there though, give me a call if you are ever up this way, take care.
Norman.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Also you might draw some other solos attention if you try posting here.

Hi Irnbru so it’s come to this has it “The Secret Hand Shake Club” soloists unite “the Union” I love it. So how do we get this “password” I suppose I could search to find out how to get the password but you must already know, and I’m lazy, “Not Realy”. So spill the beans or I’ll send the boys round. LOL.

Best Wishes Tony

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Irnbru so it’s come to this has it “The Secret Hand Shake Club” soloists unite “the Union” I love it. So how do we get this “password” I suppose I could search to find out how to get the password but you must already know, and I’m lazy, “Not Realy”. So spill the beans or I’ll send the boys round. LOL.

Best Wishes Tony
There is no password. It's open, seems to work best that way. :)

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
There is no password

Thanks for that Irnbru Am I on the correct page, I’ve clicked on the link you provided above and the last post was Jan 2016 also I’ve looked at the meets, but is there a dedicated list for solo meets or are they all bundled in with the other meets?

Best Wishes Tony

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Meets are open for everyone, just go along to some. Lots if solos go and join in. You will be made welcome.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Tony :pink: You will find the best way to find your way around the forum meets/rally's is to keep using the forum posting chatting etc, you will soon find out when solos are meeting up at rally's , the thing is solo or couples everyone on Fun joins in together.
Which Motorhome have you bought yourself lots to look forward to.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome :WelcomeFlag:Lots of help advice and fun on here! We are going on our first rally to Chester where we hope to meet some of the Funsters it will be great to put faces to names !

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hello and welcome :WelcomeFlag:Lots of help advice and fun on here! We are going on our first rally to Chester where we hope to meet some of the Funsters it will be great to put faces to names !
We will be there too so mind and say hello

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back