Motorhomes with Bunk Beds (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Okay so we've decided we want a 2nd hand MH with bunk beds as this is the best layout we think for a family of 4. After plenty of research (although not completed) I have compiled the attached list.

If anyone has anything they can add feel free, it may not be 100% accurate but I could not find anything else decent on the web so I though others might be interested in my findings.

I have my top 5 now, just have to wait and watch, not in a rush as we've already booked a hols abroad in August.

Attachments

• MH Bunks.xls
    27 KB · Views: 144
OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016

Nice but not my cuppa tea, looking for a more lounge feel not DD/TD without a bench and want swivel cab seats to open area up. But each to their own. Thats why theres so much choice

My top 4 layouts atm are:-
CI Mizar GTL Living
EURA MOBIL Profila 675 VB
Frankia 650 ED / BD
Adria Coral 670SK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Sunlight A72. Not sure what all the codes are. 6 berth. 2 x Dinette (4+2) over cab bed

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Theres a nice frankia on Ebay Broken Link Removed
That's a rare beast, even more so being for sale in the UK and right hand drive...

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
What a good list!!

We have the Carado a366 which has the TD as you call it (4 +2 dinettes). Initially we intended changing the smaller dinette into a bench but in the end felt it gave us more space but there is only 3 of us! We have had it just short of 4 years and whilst not my perfect layout and van choice I'm more than happy with it!!

Good luck on your hunt!! The only down side for me is that I would love a huge huge garage!!!

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We had a van with a dinette but found the dinette too restrictive. L shaped lounge works better as its more versatile for eating and lounging

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We had a Carioca 656 for a short while but had 2 issues - the dinette wasnt very comfortable for us to lounge in and it had a non existent payload (even after I upgraded it to 3700kgs)

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
We had a Carioca 656 for a short while but had 2 issues - the dinette wasnt very comfortable for us to lounge in and it had a non existent payload (even after I upgraded it to 3700kgs)
@Mr Colpot , What was involved with up grading the Carioca to 3700kg?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
You must have a lot of time on your hands!!!. Why not wait until you have a budget and see whats around then with bunks it might be you otherwise end up finding a model with a perfect layout but can't find one in good nick. Depending on your budget you might have to accept a compromise on payload/layout/condition but until you are there you won't know what the options are it's different of course if you have a budget to but new. Our first was a chausson flash3 the compromise was high mileage 38k at 3 years old and dinette non swivel seats the upside was only cost 22k and traded in for 20.5k 3 years later the danger of getting too organised is we could have waited 3 years to find one we wanted and missed out on 3 years of fun!!!

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
@Mr Colpot , What was involved with up grading the Carioca to 3700kg?
Just a paper exercise via SV Tech - oh and £400. Wasted money on my part as sold it back to the dealer at a loss as I found a more suitable van privately.

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
You must have a lot of time on your hands!!!. Why not wait until you have a budget and see whats around then with bunks it might be you otherwise end up finding a model with a perfect layout but can't find one in good nick. Depending on your budget you might have to accept a compromise on payload/layout/condition but until you are there you won't know what the options are it's different of course if you have a budget to but new. Our first was a chausson flash3 the compromise was high mileage 38k at 3 years old and dinette non swivel seats the upside was only cost 22k and traded in for 20.5k 3 years later the danger of getting too organised is we could have waited 3 years to find one we wanted and missed out on 3 years of fun!!!
I research a lot and plan ahead plenty around now and was plenty around 6 months ago

Yes u need to compromise however u need a starting point.
Hence my list TD are out from me with 2 teenagers ain't gonna work need a lounge
Already have budget in mind but it's flexible
By looking now you can cut down options then when ready away you go. If have to wait a few more months then so be it but from what I have seen already and in recent months at any point in time they tend to be 2 or 3 from top 10 around. Some older some newer. If u don't plan you may end up with completely wrong van.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Many years ago when my parents decided to join us for a couple of weeks I hired a 6 berth and found it very useful layout because my two boys were young and loved climbing a ladder to overcab bed, that was an adventure for them in itself. My parents snaffled the bunks and Jax and I had to make up in the dinette, these days however whilst my Frankia will accomodate 10 fairly comfortably around the lounge so a dinette arrangement wouldn't suit plus I have to have a large garage for the Trike which can only really be accomplished with Twin Singles or Queens bed.

I did like that Frankia on ebay though, but the same vehicle could be purchased back then on a Mercedes chassis with twin rear wheel drive as opposed to FWD and Tandem Axles.

I think you've done the hard work with that list, now it's just a case of picking which German built Beast to go for.:wink:

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Not sure if will end up with German but continental over UK any day atm
Tbh I prefer Pilote over hymer better layouts and value for money IMHO
Well that's if buying new based on what I saw at nec

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Appreciate this is an old thread but what did you choose in the end as we are starting to look for a newer Moho with Bunks ?
Rapido 9097f transverse bed with drop down at front.
Decided as our boys teenagers would have to chamge in 2 to 4 years so decided to look further ahead
Atm our boys share the drop down but eldest not coming any more and youngest prob this was last year if not next will be

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back