overnight parking on the M6 going north (1 Viewer)

roger buckley

Free Member
Apr 16, 2009
northants
Funster No
MH
hymer c class
Exp
since 2007
Hi All,

Does anyone have any suggested places to overnight next weekend that they would recommend on the way up to cairnryan to catch the Irish ferry. I would likely like to stay on the M6 , to beak up the journey from Northants ?:Smile:
Thanks in anticipation
Roger

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Tebay Services ,

one of the better M6 services, as far as I know there in no overnight charge.. but they do get busy.

Link Removed

read the comments

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Tebay also has a caravan site attached not cheap but they do give vouchers for discount eve meal and I think breakfast also. It is quiet and away from the lorries.
Have used a few times on way north

Dave:thumb::thumb:l

Last edited:

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
Try Greenacres caravan park it's only 5 mins from M6 junction 44. It's an adult only site and just far enough to be out of earshot of the motorway to get a peaceful night.

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
There are several sites in Gretna Green, which is literally next to the motorway, about 30 seconds after leaving, you'll find a couple. Great outlet store too, which is only a couple of hundred yards from the junction.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
There are several sites in Gretna Green, which is literally next to the motorway, about 30 seconds after leaving, you'll find a couple. Great outlet store too, which is only a couple of hundred yards from the junction.

But surely you don't let the wife near those places, Do you?:Eeek:

Dave:thumb::thumb:

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
But surely you don't let the wife near those places, Do you?:Eeek:

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Her car knows the way - she just turns the ignition, sit's back, and 5 minutes later, she's there. It's only a couple of miles from us.:ROFLMAO:

JumboBeef

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Funster No
Hi All,

Does anyone have any suggested places to overnight next weekend that they would recommend on the way up to cairnryan to catch the Irish ferry. I would likely like to stay on the M6 , to beak up the journey from Northants ?:Smile:
Thanks in anticipation
Roger

Hi Roger,

I live just off J41, in the middle of nowhere. I have space to for you to park, and fresh water and a drain point (drain cover which can be lifted).

You are welcome here, but the turn off the lane is a bit tight, so how long is your MH? I guess 20 foot(ish) long is the max length which would fit around the bend.

Let me know :thumb:

OP
OP
roger buckley

roger buckley

Free Member
Apr 16, 2009
northants
Funster No
MH
hymer c class
Exp
since 2007
That is very kind of you - unfortunately we are 7 m in length.
Have spoken to the lady running the service station at Barton in Kendall and she says we should be o.k there (not many trucks o/night on a saturday)
Regards Roger:Smile:

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Last time we were in that neck of the woods we came off at Junction 37, turned right on to the A684, and then hung another right and wild-camped on a lane behind Killington Lakes.

JumboBeef

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Funster No
That is very kind of you - unfortunately we are 7 m in length.
Have spoken to the lady running the service station at Barton in Kendall and she says we should be o.k there (not many trucks o/night on a saturday)
Regards Roger:Smile:

No problem.

OK, how about here though?

54.973952,-2.950162 - Google Maps

It is a layby a few minutes north of J44, on the A7. I pass it often and there always seems to be MHs parked up there........This section of the A7 is generally quiet and it must be better than a service station?

You can go to Longtown > Gretna > A75 in the morning.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back