LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Andy Strangeway the Motorhome parking campaigner has won another case against the council- see link below.

Broken Link Removed

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well, I suppose by the law of averages he has to get something right some time. Can't be anything to do with motorhomes because, apart from highlighting the lack of TROs in Highland and North Yorkshire, he's a spectacular failure in that respect.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No background to the article

To know why it was issued and his reason to challenge it would be of benefit but again, he decided to keep the details under his hat....and its a very big hat to fit a very big head.

Must have been in his car as, as far as I know, he still doesnt own a motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
"Procedural impropriety"

So he's not saying he was parked legally then. Just that whoever issued the parking ticket didn't follow the correct procedure.

The man really is a bellend of the highest order isn't he.

For all the good work people like Graham do attempting to work with LAs they are having to deal with this tw@t cancelling out, and even setting back, any progress they might make.

:mad:

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Any person that gives local councils a hard time is OK in my book.

On a different subject we are being told by our local council that unless 7 folk live at my address we can only have 1 bin emptied now.
The area already blighted by rubbish all over, only going to get worse.
Asked for a re cycle bin, YES, no problem, in up to 13 weeks!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
"Procedural impropriety"

So he's not saying he was parked legally then. Just that whoever issued the parking ticket didn't follow the correct procedure.

The man really is a bellend of the highest order isn't he.

For all the good work people like Graham do attempting to work with LAs they are having to deal with this tw@t cancelling out, and even setting back, any progress they might make.

:mad:
If the procedure isn't correct it isn't legal.
If they are issuing pcn's without the relevant bye-law covering the class of vehicle then they are committing an offence .
If they are doing it,knowing that it isn't correct ,& by the look of the email that states it from the councillor they are, then he is correct in that they are knowingly committing a fraudulent act.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If they are issuing pcn's without the relevant bye-law covering the class of vehicle then they are committing an offence .
If they are doing it,knowing that it isn't correct ,& by the look of the email that states it from the councillor they are, then he is correcting that they are knowingly committing a fraudulent act.

And he has to deliberately park illegally and be issued with a ticket to do that does he?

Sorry, I remain convinced then man is the worst kind of self obsessed attention seeking cretin and has done more damage to the case for off site parking in this country than the CC, the C&CC and every private site owner combined could do if they tried.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Any person that gives local councils a hard time is OK in my book.
If the councils have got something wrong I would be the first to agree - and didn't shrink from b*ll*cking chief officers who got it wrong when I was working on data protection &c. If they have got it right, though, giving them a hard time does nobody any favours.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If they are doing it,knowing that it isn't correct ,& by the look of the email that states it from the councillor they are, then he is correct in that they are knowingly committing a fraudulent act.
Procedural impropriety doesn't mean that there isn't a relevant order in place, just that the administrative procedure wasn't followed properly - i.e. some human being made a mistake. From the Broken Link Removed: "Procedural Impropriety - A council’s failure to follow the proper procedure laid down in law for issuing a penalty charge notice or a Notice to Owner."

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I know absolutely Nothing about this guy. However my own personal experiences of the incompetent "persons" who infest our ERCC, I am not surprised they get it wrong (often!).

ERCC, are often referred to locally as the "Mafia"!. There are few here who have any respect for them!, even though the "Same old faces" keep getting voted in!.

Pete

OP
OP
dabhand

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I think you need to read the background to all of this, his point is that the council keep issuing penalty notices to Motorhomes for parking in areas which say no parking (for motorhomes) when the no parking signs themselves are illegal and unenforceable, or something along
those lines!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think you need to read the background to all of this, his point is that the council keep issuing penalty notices to Motorhomes for parking in areas which say no parking (for motorhomes) when the no parking signs themselves are illegal and unenforceable, or something along
those lines!
No it isn't. His point is that councils keep doing things that he thinks are illegal. If he actually did any proper research and thought outside the box of his ignorant prejudices against the public sector then he would see how wrong he is.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
those lines!

Why does he feel the need to fight for us poor oppressed motorhomers, if that's really what the fool thinks he's doing? At the last check he has never owned anything bigger than an estate car. I'm sure we can manage perfectly well without his brand of "help"

He doesn't give a toss about enforceable parking notices or anything else. He's on some kind of ego fuelled crusade against local authorities for no good reason that I've ever been able to make out. Dragging motorhomes into it doesn't do anything positive for us whatsoever, quite the opposite.

OP
OP
dabhand

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Don't shoot the messenger!
You guys can rant all you like, I bet there are many people on this forum who have been at the receiving end of a Councils "procedural impropriety" he's pointing it out to them, and as for
No it isn't. His point is that councils keep doing things that he thinks are illegal. If he actually did any proper research and thought outside the box of his ignorant prejudices against the public sector then he would see how wrong he is.
I could agree with this if it wasn't for the fact that he has won 3 appeals and as far as I am aware no one has actually argued that the signage etc is correct. Anyhow, I think I should be allowed to park my Motorhome anywhere, ya boo sucks!! :D:whistle::rolleyes:(y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You guys can rant all you like, I bet there are many people on this forum who have been at the receiving end of a Councils "procedural impropriety" he's pointing it out to them, and as for

I could agree with this if it wasn't for the fact that he has won 3 appeals and as far as I am aware no one has actually argued that the signage etc is correct. Anyhow, I think I should be allowed to park my Motorhome anywhere, ya boo sucks!! :D:whistle::rolleyes:(y)
& this appears to be the reply to him

jane-email-no-definition-motorhome-2.jpg

about this

no-motor-caravans.jpg

from here ;

https://andystrangeway.wordpress.com/

just below halfway

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Procedural impropriety has absolutely nothing to do with any signage. It is some sort of problem with the procedure followed in the issuance of the ticket. As Nick pointed out earlier, the recipient of the ticket was probably parked illegally but got away with it because of something like the ticket not being either filled out or presented incorrectly - i.e. he parked with no consideration for others or the effect on them but wasn't big enough to hold up his hands when caught.

As regards signage, that's where Strangeway shows himself (and his lack of knowledge) up time and again. He simply can't get it into his skull that the legislation covering signs on the highway does not apply to signs in off street car parks. He also can't get it into his skull that definitions in national legislation can be trumped by definitions in specific traffic orders for the places they cover.

The people I feel sorry for are the council tax payers of the areas he targets. They have to pay the cost of all the wasted time dealing with Strangeway.
& this appears to be the reply to him

jane-email-no-definition-motorhome-2.jpg

about this

no-motor-caravans.jpg

from here ;

https://andystrangeway.wordpress.com/

just below halfway
Notice how that cr*p has been edited to pretend that he has won again. The man is a menace.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back