Removing seats in Fiat Ducato (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I Have a Mclouis Lagan 410 om a Fiat Ducato base. I need to remove the driver and passesnger seat so i can install new leisure batteries.
Has anyone removed these seats before. I note there are 4 special allen type bolts with a star shapped recess in them and i suspect that's a special tool which i will have to go to Fiat for !
Anyway, would i be right in thinking that if i remove these bolts i can just lift the seat off to get acess to he battery bay underneath.

Thanks in advance.
Philip.

alf

Free Member
Apr 7, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Yes they are torx set screws I think they are torx 35 I will check later and give you a PM if no one does it before me

Cover the battey terminals with a bit of old carpet so you dont drop a spanner on the battery terminals and short out. :thumb:

Alf

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I Have a Mclouis Lagan 410 om a Fiat Ducato base. I need to remove the driver and passesnger seat so i can install new leisure batteries.
Has anyone removed these seats before. I note there are 4 special allen type bolts with a star shapped recess in them and i suspect that's a special tool which i will have to go to Fiat for !
Anyway, would i be right in thinking that if i remove these bolts i can just lift the seat off to get acess to he battery bay underneath.

Thanks in advance.
Philip.

this is about adding a swivel to a seat but will give you the idea

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ace68J3oknM"]click here[/ame]

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I note there are 4 special allen type bolts with a star shapped recess in them
Philip.

Torx or Star bits are in Halfords. Watch out for the weight of those seats !!

Often an allen key will fit provided they are not too tight.

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Torx or Star bits are in Halfords. Watch out for the weight of those seats !!

You are a BAD MAN:Eeek::whatthe::ROFLMAO:

Correct tool for the job, at all times. Yes, if a bolt is loose, then you can turn it out with an allen key, but if it is tight, you risk damaging the Torx head, and it may be impossible to remove it.

A set of Torx bits can be had for a fiver.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You are a BAD MAN:Eeek::whatthe::ROFLMAO:

Correct tool for the job, at all times. Yes, if a bolt is loose, then you can turn it out with an allen key, but if it is tight, you risk damaging the Torx head, and it may be impossible to remove it.

A set of Torx bits can be had for a fiver.

Quite right.

Unless you are desperate.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Desperate situations call for desperate means :ROFLMAO: but it's true that once a Torx is stripped there's b****r all one can do :RollEyes:

These are so big I would whip out my MIG and weld a nut on top, so there :Tongue1:

I *am* very impressed with torx, I did a major service on my daughter's car in January and being out of date I had to buy a load of torx, BIG torx as well and they are a real treat to use, they really take some wellie.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back