Where's your flasher...? (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
For those of us with alarm systems I was wondering where the "alarm on" flasher was. Mine has been placed at the bottom of the windscreen pillar and can only be seen from the nearside. Very bright and I can see it shining on the bedroom ceiling in the house when it flashes. Goodness knows what it will be like on a campsite. Currently planning on putting some better sited LEDs in that can be automatically dimmed depending on the light level. Mine is an Autowatch system installed by the dealer (or rather his elected installation company).

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Mines the same (Autowatch), it is placed just abovre the ignition however. Vivid blue and nicely visible in the dark (y)

(Err, just realised I have sold the van :()

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Can see it shining in the house - wow it must be a bright led ! At least you'll know if you wake up in the night and it's not there

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
One on the dash one in a tail light.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ours is on the dash just to the right between the binacle and the adjustable air vent ... it is RUDDY BRIGHT!!!!! On a night time we have to put a partial cover on the flaming thing otherwise we can see it 'reflecting' all over the van!

As we wild camp a lot we don't really want it showing outside the van anyway as it gives away our location, but if we're on an aire, or somewhere more 'populated' then we like it to be visible from outside.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back