Ferry Bookings Through The Caravan Club (1 Viewer)

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
So much for the CC saying they will match or beat any offer direct from the ferry operators, today I tried to book through the CC for a ferry in September.

The CC offer was £116 the offer direct from P& O was £93.60, did the club offer to match that, no way so guess who I booked with ! certainly not the CC.

RD

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I can never see the point of this price matching. If they didn't give you their best price to start with then like funnymunny there is no way I'm ever going to use them as they were trying to rip me off to start with if they can now reduce the price to try and take the business off a competitor who had the balls to give a good price in the first place!

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
My advice, is never book, or buy anything from the C.C. or the C.and C.C., as they are not, or in my experience, ever have been, competitive.

If you want to use a broker, use A Ferry, they are always better than, or as good as booking direct.

:cooler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , If using the Wightlink to the Isle of Wight , def go thru c& cc saves 17&half % on prices which is cheaper than IoW residence price.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
One of the problems if you book through the CC is that the booking becomes expensive if you need to change it last minute.....we went to Holland last year and were able to change the booking last minute on our return without any fee, had it been through the CC it would have cost (£25 I believe?)

Either way, CC? no no no ;)

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
My thoughts exactly, why should a club established for the benefit of its members want to make excessive profits from helping it's members

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Always use C&CC for Eurotunnel, 10% of price on Eurotunnels website. Never had a problem.

Even, wait for it, turned up a day late thinking it was the day I was crossing, Eurotunnel only charged me £15 and put me on the next train.

Felt such an idiot telling the member of staff that the machine would not let me in- she politely told me I was booked to travel the day before! Ah well you live and learn!

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I booked Harwich -HofH with CCC for £147 last year. Stena Line had been quoting me £164 BUT then I read that bikes added to the length and would cost a further £10 each way, so the saving was approx 20%.

Additionally, CCC upgraded us to Flexi-Fare for which SL wanted a further £12 each way (not that we used it).

CCC also got us a good deal on Portsmouth-Bilboa a few years ago, but I can't recall prices - Gordon

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Hi , If using the Wightlink to the Isle of Wight , def go thru c& cc saves 17&half % on prices which is cheaper than IoW residence price.
Yes that's a really good deal and the reason I'm a member of the C&CC. I can save the membership fee in one trip. However, they once booked me on the chunnel on the wrong day and I've not found them to be much different on those prices so I tend to book direct. The less cooks in the kitchen........

Deleted User
One problem with I think it was CCC but might apply to caravan club as well is that you cannot book your pet, you have to contact the ferry co direct. We usually book direct far easier and hassle free.

Spongy

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I can never see the point of this price matching. If they didn't give you their best price to start with then like funnymunny there is no way I'm ever going to use them as they were trying to rip me off to start with if they can now reduce the price to try and take the business off a competitor who had the balls to give a good price in the first place!

i feel the same way,when i went to belgium to price up a rapido,the first guy gave me the best quote ,the other two were as much as 15k higher ,they did both match the first guys price after been shown it but they were so far off the mark that they lost the deal as soon as they gave me the written quote.

Mind you the wife was a cheaky sod and managed to knock the guy down to a Euro to Sterling parity(y)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
I've saved a fortune this lady 2 years booking through the caravan club on sailings from hull

Deleted User
i feel the same way,when i went to belgium to price up a rapido,the first guy gave me the best quote ,the other two were as much as 15k higher ,they did both match the first guys price after been shown it but they were so far off the mark that they lost the deal as soon as they gave me the written quote.

Mind you the wife was a cheaky sod and managed to knock the guy down to a Euro to Sterling parity(y)

Euro to sterling parity? Doh!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back