Selling or Buying your Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Motorhome Man

Free Member
Mar 2, 2016
Upper Halling, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all, have just been reading a few posts where people have exchanged their motorhomes at dealers for up to 30% less than they have advertised them privately for. I know from my own experiences that dealers will always offer you at least 25% less than you can get from a private sale. They also advertise vehicles at least £2000 more than you would pay privately. Of course dealers have overheads:- rates, electric, wages etc. They also offer some period of warranty. Hopefully they have also done a full habitation check. Obviously dealers are in business to make money. With a little time and patience you should be able to sell your old motorhome privately for a sum that actually reflects its value. Yes you will get tyre kickers and even people just looking, but its better than getting 25% less. The up side is that you then have cash to buy your new one. Whether you buy from a dealer or privately make sure its the price you want to pay and not just because its the model, once again be patient and the right one will come along at the right price. One dealer that, I think, offers vehicles at a fair price for sale is a company called Uber Leisure. Regards Luke

OP
OP
Motorhome Man

Motorhome Man

Free Member
Mar 2, 2016
Upper Halling, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Brightonian, I liked the look of the Mohican he had for sale, thought that was very reasonably priced, also the cheyenne on the merc chassis I know it was high mileage but price was reflective and those mercs just go on and on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi all, have just been reading a few posts where people have exchanged their motorhomes at dealers for up to 30% less than they have advertised them privately for. I know from my own experiences that dealers will always offer you at least 25% less than you can get from a private sale. They also advertise vehicles at least £2000 more than you would pay privately. Of course dealers have overheads:- rates, electric, wages etc. They also offer some period of warranty. Hopefully they have also done a full habitation check. Obviously dealers are in business to make money. With a little time and patience you should be able to sell your old motorhome privately for a sum that actually reflects its value. Yes you will get tyre kickers and even people just looking, but its better than getting 25% less. The up side is that you then have cash to buy your new one. Whether you buy from a dealer or privately make sure its the price you want to pay and not just because its the model, once again be patient and the right one will come along at the right price. One dealer that, I think, offers vehicles at a fair price for sale is a company called Uber Leisure. Regards Luke

But they don't reply to E.Mails,,,BUSBY.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Couple on there of interest shame sold....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back