Manchester Velodrome. (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
We're watching our son participate in the University Track champs next weekend. The last 2 years we've paid the Velodrome to park which included hookup. They've just told me that they're not taking any overnight bookings due to another major event taking place that weekend (National BMX Champs).

Does anyone have any suggestions for wilding nearby?

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
We're watching our son participate in the University Track champs next weekend. The last 2 years we've paid the Velodrome to park which included hookup. They've just told me that they're not taking any overnight bookings due to another major event taking place that weekend (National BMX Champs).

Does anyone have any suggestions for wilding nearby?
Maybe better to pist in another cat. As not getting much exposure here.
Bump

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
You could ring the local council, in fact they own a football ground next door should be able to use that, it's always empty(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jill
Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks.

As we were very late getting there on Friday we decided to chance the velodrome car park and there were a couple of BMX-ers sleeping in vans in an otherwise empty carpark. So we parked up rationalizing that they just weren't taking bookings, nothing was said about no overnighting and stayed put for the weekend.

Anyway Cardiff University came away with a bronze medal in the team sprint, 4th in the team pursuit, and my son ended up with a set of lovely burns down his right leg following a crash in the points race although after a wheel change he rejoined the race to finish 6th!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back