b584 or bc 584 ? (1 Viewer)

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
am thinking of buying a used M/H of this layout

I see both of these advertised ...can someone tell me what is the difference ... interior photo's look identical to me!

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I presume you are referring to Hymer? In which case I would guess the the references are to B Klasse and B Classic (B and BC). More recently these have been referred to as B SL and B Classic. The B, or B SL is the better finished version. B Classic is a cheaper option. Since the introduction of Alko rear chassis on the Fiat-based vehicles (late 90s / early 2000s), there has been a technical difference too. B Klasse / B SL are built on a double-floored Alko chassis. B Classic use the original Fiat chassis throughout and therefore do not have double floors. As one further potential complication, Mercedes-based versions were called SXXX during the 90s and B Starline in the early 2000s. These are finished to the same standard as the B Klasse / B SL, but do not use the Alko double floor rear chassis.

Hope I have answered the right question.

Philip

OP
OP
L

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
thanks for that ......like to make it complicated , don't they !
do you happen to know what the difference in the finish is ? looking at photo's cant spot anything ...I have a feeling that people put in pics of a similar model sometimes :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I agree it is hard to see the difference in pictures. Often, the catalogue photos show extras like leather upholstery so it is hard to make a real comparison. I think the best plan is to look at real vans rather than pics. I suspect many of the differences between B SL and B CL (or Classic) are not immediately visible - technical stuff and the like. Also, I guess it depends on whether you are comparing new or second hand and specs change over time. On the Hymer AG web site currently, if one compared the B SL 514 with the B CL 514 for example, there is around €10,000 difference in list price.
It would be worth your while talking to a few expert Hymer dealers - independents as well as Brownhills Hymer (the official importer). Three independents that I am aware of are in the links below.

Edgehill Motorhomes

Link Removed

Deepcar

Philip

xpo

Free Member
Jul 24, 2009
Funster No
Can't see the piccys you referred to but our B class 584 with an Al-Ko chassis has the water tanks etc under the floor , the kitchen cupboard fronts are curved, when we recently looked at a similar 584 Classic it did not have the Al-Ko chassis the fresh water tank was built into the cupboard behind the table and the kitchen cupboard unit had a straight front.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Can't see the piccys you referred to but our B class 584 with an Al-Ko chassis has the water tanks etc under the floor , the kitchen cupboard fronts are curved, when we recently looked at a similar 584 Classic it did not have the Al-Ko chassis the fresh water tank was built into the cupboard behind the table and the kitchen cupboard unit had a straight front.

We have the 584 Classic and as xpo says the only difference we can see is that we don't have the Al-Ko chassis, and so the price for the Classic is less.
We have travelled extensively with our van Morocco/Spain/Greece/Italy etc and have had faultless journeys so think its just finding which 584 suits you. Carol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back