Truma Combi Error Codes (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
while away this weekend our Truma Combi shut down with the panel showing E202H as an error code. Needless to say, this particular code is not shown in the handbook!

Checking on the internet did not provide an answer but similar symptoms suggested an automatic shutdown due to overheating. This is borne out by the fact that the system could be reset after about five minutes, presumably a cooling down period.

The system was running high, being a near freezing morning, so was heating the van and the hot water after having showered. Running on gas it does produce a lot of heat.

After the restart it has operated OK.

Does anyone have experience of this, or the error code? I have e-mailed Truma and await a reply.

If I get a resolution via Truma I will post their answer, for information.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Is there an air gap that you've covered over?
Might need new fan if running hot?

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Truma CP manual lists error code 202 on p13 - overheating seems about right.

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@maz
The manual you kindly uploaded shows error code 202 as "switch for gas shut off valve open".

What the hell is that?

Never heard of it.(n)

If it means the safety cut off, in case of accident, that could not be the case as it had been running OK for over an hour.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
@maison that's how I originally read it too.

However, having had a second look at the manual I think that what it means is that any 4 of those codes in that section can mean any of the three faults to the right along with their corresponding fixes. Otherwise the line under each fault would go all the way over to the left under the number as well.

Does that make sense?

Which would mean that I think that maz is right and from your description sounds like the overheating protection has kicked in.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@Theonlysue
Thanks for the response.

Nothing covered up. The m/h has just had its annual habitation check where I asked them specifically to check inlet and outlet air flows to the Combi because of an earlier problem.

The M/h is one year old so I certainly hope the fan is not knackered already.:confused:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
@maz
The manual you kindly uploaded shows error code 202 as "switch for gas shut off valve open".

What the hell is that?

Never heard of it.(n)

If it means the safety cut off, in case of accident, that could not be the case as it had been running OK for over an hour.

Think it might mean a remote switch that operates the gas valve? Your Combi is a later model than mine and I have no such new-fangled gadget on the system. o_O

As I read it, code 202 can refer to any of the 3 listed fault options - the overheating one seems most likely in your case.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
As promised, a reply from Combi.

Fault code 202 normally indicates to us an issue with the gas supply to the heater, you need your local dealer to check the gas standing and working pressures to the heater.

If you require any further assistance do not hesitate to contact us.

I have passed the info to my local dealer and I will post the outcome. It is unlikely that I will be able to have the work done until after Easter as we need the m/h then. The dealer has stated that if it turns out to be a problem within the Combi unit itself it will have to be returned to Combi themselves. We cannot take the chance that it will not be returned in time.
So, we take the chance that the fault will not return and stay, over The Easter trip.:(

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Fault code 202 normally indicates to us an issue with the gas supply to the heater, you need your local dealer to check the gas standing and working pressures to the heater.

Real outside possibility. You're not using butane are you and it's not gassing off sufficiently due to cold weather? Probably not but ..................:unsure:

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Real outside possibility. You're not using butane are you and it's not gassing off sufficiently due to cold weather? Probably not but ..................:unsure:
No. Definitely on Propane as we use the m/h a lot in the Winter.

Despite the answer from Combi my money is still on a faulty heat sensor allowing the unit to overheat and then the safety cutout operates.

Watch this space for the next thrilling (?) episode.;)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
No. Definitely on Propane as we use the m/h a lot in the Winter.

Despite the answer from Combi my money is still on a faulty heat sensor allowing the unit to overheat and then the safety cutout operates.

Watch this space for the next thrilling (?) episode.;)

Yea, guessed it wouldn't be butane but worth the question.
We await with bated breath the final outcome.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@Gellyneck
I have sent Combi some additional info so, if it changes anything material, I will post their response.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
have you got all the blown air outlets set to open? as reduced flow can cause issues.
Thank you, yes.

That was checked and the heater cowl was removed to check that both inlet and exhaust flues were unobstructed.

Prior to the E202H failure on Saturday the heater had been running for over an hour. As it was a very cold morning, and we were also running the water heater, there was a lot of heat being generated. I still suspect overheating caused by a faulty sensor, but I am no expert.(n)

As the unit is within warranty and we will be going on an extended tour in May we want it fixed properly. Unfortunately, like any intermittent fault it will be hard to track down.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@jezport
Yes.

None of the above.

The "Crash shut off valve", or whatever it is called officially, was faulty and kept shutting itself off. No gas to the Truma triggered the fault code. Apparently that was the nearest available code to the actual fault.

If you see Truma's reply, in my post of March 7th, they were technically correct. " fault with gas supply". I.e. There was no gas supply!

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
WARNING ' Thread revival (y)

I am now getting fault codes #202 and #112 which infers the gas supply etc as per the manual (and this thread above).

The Truma 6E is firing up on gas for air heating and water heating modes and then cuts out 2-minutes later before throwing up a fault code of either #202 or #112. The system resets itself after just a few minutes and then the same thing happens again (some times I get a #202 and others a #112; there is just no pattern).

The funny thing is that if I turn the room temps up high and select the high mode on the fan then it will run all day without fault.

The fridge is quite happy to run on gas as are the three hob burners so there's clearly no problem with the main gas supply.

I'm using gas and solar only but I do have EHU next to the van and I've checked the different Truma system modes via the leccy and they run fine; just the gas is proving to be a challenge.

Living the dream eh:D

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I've just tried one last time before bed and I now have a E100H fault code.

Has anyone got a clue about this code # as it's not in the pdf manual and I can't seem to find it on the internet either.

Thanks All,

Andrew

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
It seems that the E100H fault code relates to either:

1. Faulty cable harness, or
2. Short circuit on the solenoid.

If we then add the E112H and E202H codes to E100H then the result is that no one really knows the primary problem and it will therefore need to be examined further.

I'll post an update during the first week of August.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I am bloody furious to say the least.

We had our Truma 6E inspected today during our 7-hour hab check and it appears that we've got a faulty gas valve which only half opens under operation. The dealer must have had an idea of the problem as we diagnosed this issue about a month ago.

Our dealer is 300-miles away (round trip) and as you would expect they didn't have a spare part in stock so we can either:

1. Return to Newark - again!

2. Find a local MoHo dealer who is Truma qualified and will accept the work.

What a load of twonk. Either way we are not able to go off gird until it is fixed.

We travelled down yesterday and stayed at a site last night so that we could present the van at 08:15 today for the various checks and repairs.

The service guy talks as if we live on the doorstep.

Not happy today - where's the wine:whistle: I need it.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
It seems that the E100H fault code relates to either:

1. Faulty cable harness, or
2. Short circuit on the solenoid.

If we then add the E112H and E202H codes to E100H then the result is that no one really knows the primary problem and it will therefore need to be examined further.

I'll post an update during the first week of August.

To put this to bed (for reference purposes):

We had the main gas valve in the Truma replaced yesterday and it's back up and running again.

If anyone ever sees a combo of the three error codes above then it is likely to be the system's primary valve not opening fully.

Cheers All,

Andrew

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I think the newer combi boilers are a lot less reliable than the older ones. Mine is the C6002 model, 10 years old without problems. Similar is widely reported on Truma forums.
Possibly caused by changing from a vertical format to a horizontal one to allow more versatile installation.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I think the newer combi boilers are a lot less reliable than the older ones. Mine is the C6002 model, 10 years old without problems. Similar is widely reported on Truma forums.
Possibly caused by changing from a vertical format to a horizontal one to allow more versatile installation.

I've heard the same about my own home boiler too when our gas engineer visits to service it. He keeps telling me that the modern stuff is not that good.

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
well i know its December now but ive been all over the internet as my combi 6 has been playing up and its been doing my head in to say the least my story is the same as most im getting a fault code of e202h , im getting hot water but when i put the blow air on it cuts out, and you will all be aware that that points to a gas supply problem ...so im on the phone to truma and to be fair they are great at customer technical support, they kept telling me that there was nothing wrong with the boiler, so, on their advice which was that there wasnt enough gas getting to the boiler i changed the gas regulator just in case not enough gas was getting thru, still no luck, so back on the phone to truma to say that there must be sonmething wrong with the boiler...... no, said the engineer its still a gas problem, he told me that now ive changed the gas regulator it could only be one of two things, either, the exhust pipe had ruptured thus letting exhuast gases into the air intake which we checked and was all fine ...... and here it is .... or, there is a small filter where the gas line meets the boiler, a tiny bit of gause smaller than a finger nail and if thats blocked it restricts the flow of gas to the boiler and you will get the code e202h..... so i replaced the filter and im pleased to report the boiler is now working beautifully...... who would have thought it, a clogged up tiny piece of gause would make me nearly pull all my hair out, i hope this helps somebody else.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
well i know its December now but ive been all over the internet as my combi 6 has been playing up and its been doing my head in to say the least my story is the same as most im getting a fault code of e202h , im getting hot water but when i put the blow air on it cuts out, and you will all be aware that that points to a gas supply problem ...so im on the phone to truma and to be fair they are great at customer technical support, they kept telling me that there was nothing wrong with the boiler, so, on their advice which was that there wasnt enough gas getting to the boiler i changed the gas regulator just in case not enough gas was getting thru, still no luck, so back on the phone to truma to say that there must be sonmething wrong with the boiler...... no, said the engineer its still a gas problem, he told me that now ive changed the gas regulator it could only be one of two things, either, the exhust pipe had ruptured thus letting exhuast gases into the air intake which we checked and was all fine ...... and here it is .... or, there is a small filter where the gas line meets the boiler, a tiny bit of gause smaller than a finger nail and if thats blocked it restricts the flow of gas to the boiler and you will get the code e202h..... so i replaced the filter and im pleased to report the boiler is now working beautifully...... who would have thought it, a clogged up tiny piece of gause would make me nearly pull all my hair out, i hope this helps somebody else.

Very interesting indeed - Thanks for posting-up as it's stuff like this that really helps the forum.

It just goes to show that these things are quite temperamental though.

All the best,

Andrew

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Who is going to refund the cost of your new regulator....?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back