Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi all from here in blistering France:thumb:
Alls well that ends well
Thanks to Duncan of Star Spangled Spanner for shipping out a lock assembly for our Damon following the burglery
It takes longer to get renault spare parts here in France than it does to get American parts from Duncan :ROFLMAO: Thats another pint I owe you:thumb:
just about every one is here apart from a couple of stragglers yet to arrive To day saw the arrival of the Haggers clan minus a rear window:Doh:well cracked anyway
Blisters is here, Mark and Sharon from CLS, Marrie and Rex. Bambi 2 who only live up the road:thumb:Angie and Kieth and Tick 59 appeared yesterday
we are all basking in brilliant sunshine and giving the alco pops some stick
by to you all for now, me sausage and chips are ready::bigsmile:
Geo

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Geo

As always, great service from Dunc ..:thumb: glad you've got it sorted and are enjoying the alco pops :winky:

when you get a free minute, could you fill in a Report A Crime form ? .. might just help stop someone else getting robbed.. don't need to be specific, just the autoroute and rough location.. cheers.. enjoy your stay :Smile:

jim

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi all from here in blistering France:thumb:
Alls well that ends well
Thanks to Duncan of Star Spangled Spanner for shipping out a lock assembly for our Damon following the burglery
It takes longer to get renault spare parts here in France than it does to get American parts from Duncan :ROFLMAO: Thats another pint I owe you:thumb:
just about every one is here apart from a couple of stragglers yet to arrive To day saw the arrival of the Haggers clan minus a rear window:Doh:well cracked anyway
Blisters is here, Mark and Sharon from CLS, Marrie and Rex. Bambi 2 who only live up the road:thumb:Angie and Kieth and Tick 59 appeared yesterday
we are all basking in brilliant sunshine and giving the alco pops some stick
by to you all for now, me sausage and chips are ready::bigsmile:
Geo

Burgled??? Sorry to hear that Geo. Hope they catch the bar stewards. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:whatthe: sausage and chips :Doh: Geo you are in France....................... What up with the local food source, can't you catch the blighters. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I bet you drink the :wine: :winky:::bigsmile: Have a good one, wish we were there. :Smile: Bob.

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi Geo.
Sorry to hear about the burglary. Where did it happen?

Good to know you are restored with the old vino and some bangers and mash!

Can you send us some sunshine?
Lucille

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well we are awake adter a fantastic spontaneous Funsters BBQ.

The weather remains baking and I am sitting outside Ruth and Tony Rv drinking a coffee!!.

On Arrival yesterday I found my bike rack had practically disconnected itself from the van, and one of the bikes had smashed the back window. :Eeek:

So all the bikes will have to go in the garage and we will then have to put the rest of the kit inthe van.
It appears to of happened when I tried taking off over a French Speed ramp at 60mph, I just didn't see it Gov :roflmto: or it could be I misunderstood the speed hump thing, why don't they call it a slow hump:thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hello all! We've had a splendid day again today,relly hot and sunny:Cool::Cool::Cool:. The funsters had a smashing moment in the swimming pool...i have the pics!!!!:winky::winky::winky: We're having meal in the village at 7.30 with fireworks so plenty of nice time to come!:thumb::thumb: And BTW Happy birthday Lucille!!!

Bye for now!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
don't forget everybody, slip some sunshine into your cases as you leave to bring back for Shepton Show. I am glad you are all having so much fun, wish I was there, hee hee

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Geo

So sorry to hear you were burgled. Hope they didnt get away with much and that your lovely mh is still intact inside xxxxx

Haganap

Sorry to hear about your bike troubles, those speed humps are wicked xxxx Hope it doesnt cost too much to repair and is easily fixed xxxxx

Wishing you all a fantastic evening and a safe and uneventful journey home or onward to where ever your destination may be xxxxx

Last edited:
OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
quick update

Hi all

Today saw the remaining funster Eyuplad (Mike and Sally) arrive just after breakfast. They arrived just in time for the 12 noon drinks courtesy of Bob and Di. We were also able to meet the Mayor and some of the locals who were also invited to the get together to meet the rally funsters. We are Bob and Di's first rally apparently -so you could say they jumped in at the deep end having us :ROFLMAO:and things can only get better:Doh:
This afternoon Geo and the boys went down to the village in anticipation of the half naked ladies pictured by Jim at last years carnival, only to discover that the theme for this year was the French equiveant of Hamish type costumes, a naked ankle was all they managed to to take pics of in the parade
serves them right:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Pammy

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
well as pammy said us fellas took no prisoners in our attempt to get here for the "naked lady Mardi Gra " it didn't happen :Sad:

Note to self must have a word with Jim think he must have slipped a picture in from his Rio trip

And I even tried to shift one of the Peage islands with the backend of my bus in the effort.

The temperature been in the mid 80's since we arrived :thumb: ....can't wait to see a cloud again:roflmto:

Having a great time with very nice funsters.

OH nearly forgot "Wish you wer here":roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
What he realy means is,
Weather is here wish you were beutifull !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
parc verger

Thanks all. it was nice to meet some of you, we are back home now in the Aveyron, we were only gone a few days and came home to dead plants as it seems hotter and dryer here than at parc verger, we can't even grow a lawn! we had to leave early for Kens dentist appointment, we have room to park a couple of motor homes in our garden, if anyone is travelling our way. bambi 2 :Smile :

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hiya All!

Just came back from Parc Verger! We are like steaks with stephanie:RollEyes: , it was so hot! Now my young lady is lying again and ordered not to move until her tendons get a bit better!

That was a real pleasure for both of us to meet you ALL, and that includes the littles ones as well, let me tell you you have great children/granchildren, all of you!We enjoyed every minute of this meet (even with steph problems:Sad:....), and ...yes english BBQ are great !LOL! We do hope to meet again sometime in better conditions for steph and as a consequence for me . Bob and Di did really did all their best to make things easier for us. Many thanks to them, it was very much appreciated!:thumb::thumb:

It would be nice Jim if we could have a place to put all the pics so Steph can select them and edit a nice diaporama ( she is a film editor since the 8th of july!)::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Link Removedopen for photo uploads::bigsmile:

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Well what can we say - Parc Verger is as quiet as the proverbial.......where did everyone go:Eeek:

It was good to see so many funsters having a good time and the kids especially seemed to enjoy themselves.:Smile:

Hope you all got home in one piece with no more robberies.

We have no entertainment now.......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Steve & Sue

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Well we went to Couhe followed by tick 59, blisters, Penelope pitstop and bryan and suzy.

We then left Bryan and suzy and Blisters, the following day saw the three remaining leave, tick 59 headed for futuroscope and PP and Haganaps headed for an aire in the vendee, followed by a day at aqualand before returning to the aire. We have said a sad farewell to PP and now headed further north toward poilet where I am sat in Mcdonalds before heading to another aire about 20 mins away on the beach.

we have had such afab time, except for the sunburn, only popped in to mcdonalds to check the cricket score !! come on England.

off to st michale de monts or something before spending our last night at honfleur on Tuesday.

See you all soon and I hope all the RVers got home safely with no further incidents,.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
we had a really lovely time, and it was great to meet all the other funsters that arrived, glad that you are all still having a good time, we stayed an extra night over in the uk and arrived home incident free, yesterday pm. thanks to pammy and geo for this meet, the showers at parc verger really are fantastic, the site is good but as bob and di themselves will admit it doesn't really suit children for a long stay, but we still enjoyed ourselves, the village is very quaint, and orodor sur glane is not to be missed, Bob and Di must have wondered what had hit them when all the funsters arrived on site, :Smile: for those of you still in france enjoy the rest of your stay and hope you all have safe journeys home.

ruth & tony

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
we had a really lovely time, and it was great to meet all the other funsters that arrived, glad that you are all still having a good time, we stayed an extra night over in the uk and arrived home incident free, yesterday pm. thanks to pammy and geo for this meet, the showers at parc verger really are fantastic, the site is good but as bob and di themselves will admit it doesn't really suit children for a long stay, but we still enjoyed ourselves, the village is very quaint, and orodor sur glane is not to be missed, Bob and Di must have wondered what had hit them when all the funsters arrived on site, :Smile: for those of you still in france enjoy the rest of your stay and hope you all have safe journeys home.

ruth & tony

Yes the Funsters never grow up:winky::thumb:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glad you had a good time Ruth and are home safely:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
off to st michale de monts or something before spending our last night at honfleur on Tuesday.

See you all soon and I hope all the RVers got home safely with no further incidents,.
Le Mont St Michele Paul, and it is stunning, especially at night when it is gradually illuminated. I hope the tide is out during your stopover.
Honfleur is a huge Aire, and extremely handy for the town. A bottled beer on the quayside is about €7.00, however there is a Lidl close to the Aire if you aren't fussy.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Regards,

Jock & Rita.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Link Removedopen for photo uploads::bigsmile:

Hi Jim!

I tried, yesterday, to upload twice my pics from Parc Verger and never succeeded :Blush:. Followed instructions though. Anything wrong with this gallery? Should i try on the meets and rallies gallery?:RollEyes:

Frankie:Sad:

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
clutching at straws now Frankie.......

are they the correct type allowed......jpg,jpeg,png gif

All the pics i've uploaded up to now come from the same camera and are JPEG so i suppose they should be correct papa!

I'll have a go on the rallies and meet gallery tonight

Thanks anyway for answering

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
All the pics i've uploaded up to now come from the same camera and are JPEG so i suppose they should be correct papa!

I'll have a go on the rallies and meet gallery tonight

Thanks anyway for answering

Amicalement

Hi Frankie!

Have you compressed your photos so they are a size suitable for web pages? I've found I always need to do that for Fun!:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
hi Frankie,
If its any consolation I cant get mine up neither. I emailed Jim and he could do it wiht out a problem. I therefore thought it must be my equipment or being too large. I therefore gave up and put it on film.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi Paul

I must admit my computer is very very slow at the moment. Hard disk is full, must not help. I unfortunatly have no time to make a film and anyway i'm far too useless to do it . Stephanie could do it but she can't stay sitting, she still has to lay down.... things are not going very much better with her tendons. The slightest bad movement and that's it... hurting again. She has no more wheel chair but can't walk without sticks:Sad::bigsmile:esperating really!
I hope i'll find some time to sort it out this week end

Amicalement

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Frankie, I put mine in the meets and rallies gallery without any problems. The problem with the members galleries is that you can only have 4 albums and no more than 25 photos in each album.

Good luck with them!

Hope Stephanie is soon better - make sure she rests plenty!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Sounds like you all Had a ball:thumb:

Sunburn?:sin::whatthe:whats that?:Sad: