johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Angry: Boy, am I p****d off. I've just spent an hour messing about with trying to fit Gas bottles in the Gas locker. :shout:

It has 2 x 6KG bottles and an Auto changeover unit fitted. One bottle is empty and the other half full or half empty depending on whether you are optomistic or pessimistic?

I have an 11KG Spanish bottle and a 13KG bottle. BOTH FULL. Can fit either one in the locker? :shout: No way Jose. Blinking eck and blumbing Norah. I will NOT get a 6KG refill. Instead I will use a 1.5 metre hose and stand the bottle outside. :thumb:

Sorry. RANT OVER FOR NOW. :winky:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Think I read that this was one drawback with this van lack of gas bottle storage, you have just proved it. Still the rant made you feel better, I hope:Doh:
Make sure you fix bottle well, they can make matchsticks of furniture if they get loose.in the van
Then you would need another rant, only bigger.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Think I read that this was one drawback with this van lack of gas bottle storage, you have just proved it. Still the rant made you feel better, I hope:Doh:
Make sure you fix bottle well, they can make matchsticks of furniture if they get loose.in the van
Then you would need another rant, only bigger.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

:Smile: Thanks Dave. The Garage is fantastic, but WHY they skimp on the Gas locker size is stupid. I'm used to carrying spare bottles. I have 4 Spanish bottles for our Newmar. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Bite the bullet and fit a 70 ltr tank between the accommodation steps and the rear spring hangers. The throw the portable bottles away.

The difference in weight is not that great and the convenience is worth the work.

3/4 full timing you get your investment in about 5 years.

If you want more info and photo's send your email. but be quick we are off and out of this dump in less that 2 weeks.

Doug...

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Bite the bullet and fit a 70 ltr tank between the accommodation steps and the rear spring hangers. The throw the portable bottles away.

The difference in weight is not that great and the convenience is worth the work.

3/4 full timing you get your investment in about 5 years.

If you want more info and photo's send your email. but be quick we are off and out of this dump in less that 2 weeks.

Doug...

:Smile: Thanks Doug. I have considered that route, but I only use the Suntor for commuting and while in the UK. 2 Bottles should last me a fair old while. I just don't like the rip off charges for an exhange 6KG. Especailly as I mainly use the CHEAP 11KG Spanish gas for most of the time. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back