Is This Refillable Gas Tank Worth Anything? (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Hello one and all!

I have this refillable gas tank that I have no need for. It's not got a certificate but has no external corrosion and is 'complete'.

As it's a bulky old thing, I would like it gone and kindly ask the collective on whether it has an monetary value or is simply worth chucking away?

Whilst I would appreciate honest and constructive answers, your best attempts at humour and ridicule may even be met with a short giggle.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
bung it on eBay at no reserve and it will find its own value. Personally I wouldn't use it but it might be exactly what somebody needs to fit to their pride and joy and they are happy to risk it

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Yep. I agree with @the big one. It will almost certainly sell on EBay. I would take a few more detailed and put it on for 10 days. Try and get it to end over the weekend when it can be easily monitored by any buyers.
Good luck (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
In fact I bought one from eBay couple of years ago. It was a bit smaller than that and I paid about £30 for it

Turned out to be a cat type so no good ( apparently ) as a domestic one for the van..
It was a very nice trade person on here that put me right ( cheers Dave :) )

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I agree with Jaws....re: type.
Vapour or liquid take-off means all the difference to a buyer.
Domestic (cooking) supply will be vapour while traction (engine) supply will be liquid.....you cant use one for the other....and if not mentioned in the listing it will either result in potential buyers asking or maybe no interest at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The depth of the off take pipe is the thing that defines either gas or liquid the Car tanks have a long pipe to the bottom of the tank so that only liquid gas is taken to go to the heater unit, gas one is very short if at all so that only gas comes off ready to use.via a regulator.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Could be handy for a 10ft tall scuba diver :rolleyes:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
we used to buy the very same tanks,and use them as compressor tanks.
my brother still has one that i built 35 years ago and still uses it(y)

OP
OP
Bellini
Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
I bought it in Germany 3 years ago when we collected my RMB.

The dealer offered it to me with a certificate and it was previously fitted to a large motorhome chassis as an underslung tank. I then immediately mislaid the certificate and have never managed to find it.

I had thought it could find use, cut open, as a barbecue or smoker, but it's so well made that it seems a shame to do that.

I'll see how it goes on eBay and then go from there.

I've had a good giggle at some of the answers. I needed that. Thanks!:LOL:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
The depth of the off take pipe is the thing that defines either gas or liquid the Car tanks have a long pipe to the bottom of the tank so that only liquid gas is taken to go to the heater unit, gas one is very short if at all so that only gas comes off ready to use.via a regulator.
Apparently, ours is a liquid feed off tank, however, there is a large vapouriser before the regulator, which allows any liquid to gas off. A common installation at one time apparently, and yes, the whole lot has been checked over and saftey certificated in the last two years........................before anyone asks. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back