E5573 MIFI Deal back on at Carphone Warehouse for £20 .... QUICK!!!! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Further to my earlier thread - the MIFI deal at Carphone Warehouse is back on, this time its £20 for 15gb of data for 1 month but you get a FREE E5573 MIFI !!!!

As they sold out quickly last time if you want one grab it now!!!

Broken Link Removed

This is the previous thread which you should read as there's some important info on it on what you need to do so that you ONLY pay £20 and nothing more:

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...i-with-20gb-data-for-£20.124355/#post-1735322

ANDY400R

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Can someone please explain in very simple terms how these devices work. I know that once turned on you can log on to the net with several devices but after that I'm confused.
Do I just buy the above then phone and cancel contract but keep mifi device then what, use the sim provided until it uses 15gb then buy a buy as you go sim? Which one? Are they time limited or data limited.
Sorry for all the questions but I new to all this, collect my first motorhome next Tuesday but do want to use the internet when away in it.
Thanks Andy

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
You install the sim - like a phone.
You switch it on.
It searches for a signal - like a phone.
It connects if there is a signal.
You then will have a WiFi network which you can connect to.
Within the instructions will be the default network name and the password or how to find them.
You then connect your phone/laptop/tablet etc to the network.
You can change settings for the WiFi by connecting to it by inputting 192.168.0.1 (or 1.1) in your web browser again in the instructions.
Like a phone it may be dedicated to a single network or use any sim.
3 offer the best rates for use in many countries abroad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can someone please explain in very simple terms how these devices work. I know that once turned on you can log on to the net with several devices but after that I'm confused.
Do I just buy the above then phone and cancel contract but keep mifi device then what, use the sim provided until it uses 15gb
Yep - the MIFI is unlocked so you can use any sim in it.

...then buy a buy as you go sim? Which one? Are they time limited or data limited.
If you only want to use it in the UK for now then you can buy a couple of the below EE data sims which give you 2gb of data for 30 days once activated - they don't start counting down until you put them in your MIFI for the first time so if you don't need to use the second one just hang on to it until you do:

Broken Link Removed

Alternatively you can get '3' sims which you can use in the UK and abroad, they are pre-loaded with data for either 3 or 12 months at a cost of £16 or £30 - whatever you do do NOT put them in your MIFI until you're ready to use them though as they activate immediately when you do!:

http://store.three.co.uk/view/searc...rTariff=50to99.99&payGPriceForTariff=0to49.99

ANDY400R

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Thank you Camdoon and Minxy Girl that helps, just going to go and order one now.
Andy

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Is it too late to cancel tonight?
:confused:Tonight's already here??

Oh, you mean you've bought one and want to cancel the contract ... silly me! :D

Just give them a ring and find out ... AFAIK they are open 24/7 as it is the phone network you're cancelling with, not Carphone Warehouse, just like any network provider.

ANDY400R

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Sorry one more question how is the Mifi powered? Is it 240v only or both 12v and 240v

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Sorry one more question how is the Mifi powered? Is it 240v only or both 12v and 240v
It comes with a USB lead so you can plug it into your laptop and charged it via that, or get a 12v socket for it like the below so you can charge it from your motorhome's cab sockets:

Broken Link Removed

Alternatively you can also get a 230v 3 pin UK socket that takes a usb lead and use it via an inverter or at home:

Broken Link Removed

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It comes with a USB lead so you can plug it into your laptop and charged it via that, or get a 12v socket for it like the below so you can charge it from your motorhome's cab sockets:

Broken Link Removed

Alternatively you can also get a 230v 3 pin UK socket that takes a usb lead and use it via an inverter or at home:

Broken Link Removed
Ah so not a mobile device.......phone calls as well if you connect phone? As it might be handy when we move while shopping around for Fibre optic deals

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ah so not a mobile device.......phone calls as well if you connect phone? As it might be handy when we move while shopping around for Fibre optic deals
Oi ... I'll slap you in a minute! :D

It is mobile as it has a battery but you do have to charge them up you know ... bit like your electric bike! (y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Please!!!!!!:(
Oh alright ... bend over!

Angry-Teacher.jpg

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@Minxy Girl
1/ How easy is it to cancell the contract
2/ Do they ask for the MIFI back
You just ring them up and explain that you only need the contract for the month - even though it's a 30 day contract, it will roll on each month so you still have to give the minimum of 30 days notice to terminate it but that's all, that's why you need to cancel it as soon as you can otherwise you'll get a pro-rata 'daily' rate on top of the £20, but it won't be a lot obviously.

They won't ask for the MIFI back unless you tell them you want to cancel the whole purchase and return the item for a full refund, which you won't want to, so you just keep the MIFI, use the sim for 30 days and that's it. As the MIFI was 'free' with the 1 month sim so long as you pay for that one month that's it. (y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
@Minxy Girl this current offer is with EE not the same as the ID one before. do EE let you cancel within the first 30 days?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I phoned up yo order one and was told I had to wait until I received it before I could cancel. I decided not to order and just go into a branch shop locally when it opens in morning.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Only one way to find out.
It looks as if CPW bought a load of these MiFi's then bundle them with phone suppliers. I cannot find any mention of the model on Huwawei's site. I would be reasonably confident that you could talk the phone company round.
Worst case scenario would be paying £40 when Amazon are charging £63 without any data.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for this - I was just looking for some mobile broadband as we are about to go on our travels for a bit, and this looks perfect, so have ordered. Does the device just run on batteries, or does it also have a mains adapter or some other way of powering it?

Steve

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
It is USB powered, MG gave a full answer half way down page 1.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@Minxy Girl this current offer is with EE not the same as the ID one before. do EE let you cancel within the first 30 days?
Yes, when I've bought from 'EE' contract ones before (E5776 that I mentioned on the forum then) it was the same - just ring up and cancel.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I phoned up yo order one and was told I had to wait until I received it before I could cancel. I decided not to order and just go into a branch shop locally when it opens in morning.
It might not be available in store, the last time this was offered it was only available on the web.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back