LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
They have nice vans, but I couldn't get any of the sales staff to get off their asses to show me any of them, so I spent my £56 k elsewhere!
That's a shame cos we've had nothing but great service from them

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Link directory????? !!!!!
That's bound to have a negative effect on Motorhome Fun's organic search result ranking
Who on earth looks at link directories these days (other than Googles Webspam Team)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Can concur... We bought new from them and had a good experience over the 3 years or so we dealt with them. However that was 3 years ago...

Darren

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
They have nice vans, but I couldn't get any of the sales staff to get off their asses to show me any of them, so I spent my £56 k elsewhere!

Had the same problem with them they just couldn't be bothered.so I brought else where as well. Glad I went somewhere else really as the other day I drove up there with the van as the spring on the Seitz door had broke. I asked if they could order me one and I have the van outside if you need to get a photo of the part I need. I got the reply of we only do mechanical repairs here and was given the address of somewhere else 10 miles away. Dealer that only does mechanical repairs? I have a friend who brought from them recently who was sold a van stating that it was a 4 ton vehicle, when I looked at the plate on it from a Sv Tec it says it is plated at 3650kg. TC motor homes are now saying its DVLA that has made a mistake and will put it right this has been going on for a month now. He still has the advert that states this vehicle was for sale being a four ton vehicle.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Me too, no Chausson for me, I got a new Hymer instead, they would talk to me.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Had the same problem with them they just couldn't be bothered.so I brought else where as well. Glad I went somewhere else really as the other day I drove up there with the van as the spring on the Seitz door had broke. I asked if they could order me one and I have the van outside if you need to get a photo of the part I need. I got the reply of we only do mechanical repairs here and was given the address of somewhere else 10 miles away. Dealer that only does mechanical repairs? I have a friend who brought from them recently who was sold a van stating that it was a 4 ton vehicle, when I looked at the plate on it from a Sv Tec it says it is plated at 3650kg. TC motor homes are now saying its DVLA that has made a mistake and will put it right this has been going on for a month now. He still has the advert that states this vehicle was for sale being a four ton vehicle.
They are actually correct 3650kg IS four short/ imperial tons, not four tonnes.

Darren

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
They are actually correct 3650kg IS four short/ imperial tons, not four tonnes.

Well if that's the case it should of been explained at the point of sale. He brought the vehicle in good faith from the salesman as a 4tonne vehicle.
I know I would never buy from there.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It looks really spammy though
In sure Google will punish Jim for this
Yes, Jim must be losing a lot of money as so many companies are taking their adverts away from extremist sites like MHF. Gassing denial threads, closed groups for grey waste sniffers. It will be amazing if MI5 are not already monitoring us. :)

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
TC looked ok, but weren't very helpful on the phone, yet a bit too pushy when we visited, so I looked elsewhere for our Chausson.

Lucky enough we found what we wanted at a place where the sales people were happy to talk on the phone and let us compare vehicles at our leisure, so Elite got our money.

Can't fault the after sales experience

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
But it is 4 short tons.
I'm not doubting you John, but you really will have to explain it slowly to me as maths does not compute well with me :D

If 4 imperial tons are short tons and convert to 4064kg, how do we get to the 3650kgs mentioned earlier ?

The converter gets close to that figure if you tell it to convert short tons, but the system sees that as a US measurement.

Be gentle (n)

Reactions: DBK

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The short ton is equal to 2,000 pounds (907.18474 kg)
Rarely used in the UK but common in America so why would the manufacturer/dealer quote a predominantly American weight.....as if it wasn't obvious

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I'm guessing he sold it as a 4.500ton= 4500kg, telling him loads of payload, only to find out it was only 3650kg. Tcmotorhomes is not very truthful when it comes to payload as I found out.

Mickey.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
The short ton is equal to 2,000 pounds (907.18474 kg)
Rarely used in the UK but common in America so why would the manufacturer/dealer quote a predominantly American weight.....as if it wasn't obvious
That was my understanding, the short ton is a US measurement and is different to an imperial ton, or a metric tonne.

If the dealer has deliberately used that confusion to mask a poor payload, then @Mickey1 is correct, he's not the first customer to suffer at their hands.

image.png

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
So if a short ton weighs less than a long ton that probably explains why my 5 foot 10 inch wife tells me she is considerably lighter than I am at 6 foot even though the scales say we both weigh 12 stone (n)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back