Kintra Farm, Islay (1 Viewer)

tarmacsurfer2000

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Funster No
Hello again!

Just sorting out the first week of the Honeymoon and was looking at Kintra Farm on Islay. Has anyone been? It seems a quite odd setup, no hook up (which is fine), but when I asked for a price and availability I just got an e-mail attachment saying that there is no need to book and it included the prices for tents???

It looks a loverly place just unsure about the setup and not a massive fan of going somewhere without booking, especially in Scotland, and especially on an Island...

Cheers again :Smile::Smile::Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Very rarely ever bother booking in Scotland, never been caught out yet.

But there will always be a first:winky:

Dave:thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Very rarely ever bother booking in Scotland, never been caught out yet.
Dave:thumb::thumb:

You've been lucky - on our first ever MH holiday/test run we struggled at the end of August 2 years ago. Deeside was really full.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hello again!

Just sorting out the first week of the Honeymoon and was looking at Kintra Farm on Islay. Has anyone been? It seems a quite odd setup, no hook up (which is fine), but when I asked for a price and availability I just got an e-mail attachment saying that there is no need to book and it included the prices for tents???

It looks a loverly place just unsure about the setup and not a massive fan of going somewhere without booking, especially in Scotland, and especially on an Island...

Cheers again :Smile::Smile::Smile:

From the map it looks like a lonely remote place.. ideal for a honeymoon , no fear of waking the neighbours.. :winky: just take plenty of Avon Skin so soft :roflmto:

as already mentioned, steep ferry fares help keep the islands tranquil and relatively free from the touring masses.

enjoy

jim

OP
OP
tarmacsurfer2000

tarmacsurfer2000

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Funster No
From the map it looks like a lonely remote place.. ideal for a honeymoon , no fear of waking the neighbours.. :winky: just take plenty of Avon Skin so soft :roflmto:jim

Ha! When the motorhomes a rockin'...it's probably because the dogs need to go out! :Doh::Doh::Doh:

RE the ferry fares, you're not kidding!! I nearly had a fit when I checked out the prices...extortion!! I have read the reviews (brown water, tons of rules and regulations, diificult to access, and lots of no go areas for dogs) of Kintra. So we have booked here Port Mòr Centre not really what I was after but it looks like a good base of operations...so fingers crossed...:thumb:

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Looks like you have made the right choice!
Although I have visited Islay many years ago I had no up to date info other than the reviews I highlighted. It is good to see that a community based enterprise is up and running and hope that you will (1) enjoy your trip and (2) report back not only on the campsite but on the rest of the island in respect of campervan trips.
The people of Islay are great (not too many white settlers) and the distillery trips are worth doing. Hic.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
hope you have a fantastic honeymoon xxxxxx

as a tip take more than one camera so if unfortunately one does get lost or stolen at least you have a 2nd one xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fingers crossed all goes well for you and wishing you many happy anniversaries in the future

OP
OP
tarmacsurfer2000

tarmacsurfer2000

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Funster No
Cheers everyone for the well wishes...I shall keep a log of sites/reviews whilst I am away as we will be staying at quite a few sites in Scotland over the month :thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
tarmacsurfer2000

tarmacsurfer2000

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Funster No
From the map it looks like a lonely remote place.. ideal for a honeymoon , no fear of waking the neighbours.. :winky: just take plenty of Avon Skin so soft :roflmto:

as already mentioned, steep ferry fares help keep the islands tranquil and relatively free from the touring masses.

enjoy

jim

Jim...which one is it from the Skin so soft range? there are loads??? :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Is it this one? Link Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back