Autocruise Startrail Control Panel (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
I own an Autocruise Startrail 09 model,when I hook up to the mains on site (currently in France) the little lightning symbol to show my battery is being charged/topped up is not showing forgive me if I'm being a bit (or a lot) thick but I thought when you hooked up the battery was topped/charged up..the battery condition is showing around 11.5 volts at the moment any help will be appreciated..or is it me!!

S

stagman

Deleted User
I own an Autocruise Startrail 09 model,when I hook up to the mains on site (currently in France) the little lightning symbol to show my battery is being charged/topped up is not showing forgive me if I'm being a bit (or a lot) thick but I thought when you hooked up the battery was topped/charged up..the battery condition is showing around 11.5 volts at the moment any help will be appreciated..or is it me!!

Are you sure your charge switch is on . Have you checked if there is mains coming in , use a different socket on the post if there is another one .Has your Rcd tripped .

S

stagman

Deleted User

PM me if it's of use :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
if you have checked you do have electric also check under the passenger seat seat as my Autocruise has the battery charger there. Remove the plastic cover & there is a switch that switches the charger on & off.

My control panel doesn't have lights for charging but will show a lightening flash symbol when on EHU on the laft hand side of the panel.

With your battery so low you should get something like 14v going in as a charge, & quite a high amp figure if you press the amp button

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I note you mention France could it be due to opposite polarity only a thought.:Smile:

Don't think so, the panel bleeps if you have reversed polarity.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
A friend of mine, who doesn't have internet fever, also has a Startrail. He has had so much trouble he is saving up for a gallon of petrol and I will supply the matches.
A few months ago he had problems much the same as yours. It proved to be yet another faulty panel which was eventually replaced.
Since purchase he has had a new habitation door, control panel, two journeys to Derby for boiler repairs, trips to Manchester to have re-paints, rear wheel arches cracking, shower door plastic splitting, charging unit replaced etc etc.
In total he has covered over 1200 miles to Preston, Derby and Manchester from Liverpool to have repairs. This will be his final Motorhome as in his opinion they are getting worse and the aftersales service has vanished down a big big hole never to be seen again.
I have an Autocruise Gleneagle which in the first year has cost over £4000 in repairs. I had a so called purchased warranty but upto now they have refused every claim and excell at excuses. My dealer has picked up every expence so thanks to him.
Good luck with your problem but hopefully it may be the polarity.
Wiljoy :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back