Feb 29, 2016
Nantwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis i-578
Exp
since 1996
My first post on here so be gentle.

I have bought some foglights for my Hymer, privately as dealer prices are silly. But after looking behind the fibreglass front end it looks like I may need a bracket at the back.

Can anyone with a Hymer and foglights fitted, take a picture of the fixing bracket please or are they bonded directly onto the fibreglass?

cheers

Jimmy

Diesel

Free Member
Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
Welcome Jimmygnarl (y)

Considering some sort of lighting upgrade for our Hymer too so interested in responses, sorry cannot help with question although model number and pic of front end of your Hymer will help I am sure.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I assume you have the hella 90 mm fog lights, our Flair has these in the fibreglass bumper and they just feel to be on two brackets but will try for a better look and a photo later when I'm not in my dressing gown.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well all dressed and had a look, as I said ours is a Niesmann Flair not a Exsis Hymer but if it's just got a round hole in the bumper the same applies. Ours has a pretty home made looking bracket that fixes to the top of the light unit and then the bumper it is in the pointing up position, then another bracket below that it sits on to stop it bouncing and a tie wrap to pull it down to the correct level, sideways adjustment is not too critical as the fog beam is flat but you do want to get the height correct.

It looks a bit Heath Robinson, but it works.

Sorry couldn't really get a photo.

Martin

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Im sure Peter Hambilton would be able to advise you.

Link Removed

OP
OP
jimmygnarl

jimmygnarl

Free Member
Feb 29, 2016
Nantwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis i-578
Exp
since 1996
Thanks for the replies so far. I don't mind making a bracket myself but just thought if Hymer or Hella make a bracket for the job I could save a lot of time.

Apr 22, 2015
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Jimmy,
If you have any problems making the bracket I am only in Wrexham and could help, I do have welding facilities etc. and some metal.
Regards

Bob

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well it's not raining this morning, so here goes, hopefully they are of use.
I don't know if you can see the light unit is screwed onto plate from the other side and then plate is screwed in position.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

http://londontaxiparts.com/index.ph...mart_product_id=382&virtuemart_category_id=77.
Whoops just noticed you already have the lamps, but these are the same as Hymer originals.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back