Heavy Motorhomes Over 3.500kgs (1 Viewer)

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi There All you experienced motorhomers, my question is HPI check, has anyone ever read the t & c of these HPI checks? Having uses RAC HPI checks before I thought I might use them again as their cover is up to £30,000 under a claim “if successful”. But then for the first time in my natural I read the t & c and in there it stated under

10.6 Exclusions from the Data Guarantee”,

Losses arising for vehicles other than cars, motorcycles or light commercial vehicles weighing up to 3.5 tonnes.

So how do we get a check that will cover us over that weight? I’ve checked two more and both indicate that 3500kgs is what their warranty covers. So what does everyone do, the company states they will do an HPI check but the reason we go with them is the fact we might have a claim should things go wrong for one reason or another. I’d be interested to know how everybody feels about this.

Many Thanks Tony

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Have you possibly cropped a few words off the paragraph, it doesn't read properly to me at least
Yes you're right @DavidG58, it should read:

10.6 Exclusions from the Data Guarantee

The Data Guarantee will not provide protection against Losses in the following circumstances or for the following losses or expenses:
  • Losses arising for vehicles other than cars, motorcycles or light commercial vehicles weighing up to 3.5 tonnes.
(among other items of course)

Upvote 0

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Yes you're right @DavidG58, it should read:

10.6 Exclusions from the Data Guarantee

The Data Guarantee will not provide protection against Losses in the following circumstances or for the following losses or expenses:
  • Losses arising for vehicles other than cars, motorcycles or light commercial vehicles weighing up to 3.5 tonnes.
(among other items of course)
That's what the OP quoted ?

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
That's what the OP quoted ?
OP missed out the "will not provide protection..." sentence which made it unclear.

Mind you, I'm still not too clear on it either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Join the club Gorse Hill It surprised me what does the weight have to do with it?
I can't understand it's just checking if the vehicle is stolen on finance and all the other checks. So I'm at a loss why they stipulate the weight.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have had a look at the HPI site and the RAC, both keep referring to 'car' which might be the clue here, but I cant see an option for motorhomes

I guess a phone call will be the best way to find out for sure

Reactions: CWH
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
I did send an E-mail to them and they just said they will check vehicles over 3500kgs but there are some exclusions for motorhomes to which they linked me to their t&c which was not very helpful.

Reactions: CWH
Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Since when is a hpi test a guarantee of anything.....or am I missing something

The over 3500 stipulation is common surely

Upvote 0
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Trust me ..... Hpi is only good for seeing if vehicle is on fianance for anything else it's as much use as a chocolate teapot at weightwatchers...

:(:(:unsure:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back