LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We're currently at the Fonte Santa Aire, planning to move on Monday. Does anyone know if the Aire at Portimao is likely to be full?

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We're currently at the Fonte Santa Aire, planning to move on Monday. Does anyone know if the Aire at Portimao is likely to be full?
Hello...it is busier than it was this time last year, folk are moving out but more are coming in at the same time, IMHO it is busier than our last visit

There are a lot of vans but there seems to be still room , albeit maybe not as much room in some corners

It is a case of try on the day, no one seems to be turned away and there is always the top field

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Please DO NOT shoot this messenger.

One of my people, who is usually right about these matters, has been told by a member of the local council that the motorhomers are going to be moved off the Marina site in Praia da Rocha on March 1st.

Over a month ago, I was told directly (by a local limo driver) that this was going to happen.

I believe there has been some arguments with the adjacent Tivoli Resort people.

The site is huge and comprises of a tarmac area which has car bays marked on it and is packed with the cars of beach goers in the summer, a gravel area behind it and then, behind a "hedge", the field (grass/stones).

It maybe that only the vans on the tarmac area are going to be moved. I don't know.

Given the massive amounts of false rumours that fly up and down the Algarve, spread by
motorhomers, I would understand anyone not believing a word of this post but I suspect some change with the site will be happening soon.

And yes... it is jammed packed (even my private field!) forcing me off and up into the hills... AND it is more than usually busy at this rufty, tufty spot too.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

JJ :cool:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi @champers Kath &John

What's the current situation at Portimao? Looking to head that way in a few days

Terry and Brenda

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I think Kath and John are home now but we are currently at Praia (arrived yesterday). No mention of moving everyone and the permanent residents don't seem to be making any plans to up sticks but I guess that could all change tomorrow.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi yes we have arrived home in Wales last nite but have asked the Bolts as they are there at the moment if there is more room there...sorry to have missed you Terry n Brenda ..

Kath x

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi yes we have arrived home in Wales last nite but have asked the Bolts as they are there at the moment if there is more room there...sorry to have missed you Terry n Brenda ..

Kath x
HiTerry just heard back that there is no signs of folk being turned off the site and is still "cosy "

Kath

OP
OP
Kim H

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
I think Kath and John are home now but we are currently at Praia (arrived yesterday). No mention of moving everyone and the permanent residents don't seem to be making any plans to up sticks but I guess that could all change tomorrow.

We never managed to get that drink at Alvor did we? Was great to meet you though and who knows, one day ....

Reactions: Ven

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We never managed to get that drink at Alvor did we? Was great to meet you though and who knows, one day ....

No Kim, I think you went early due to the quagmire!? It was great to meet you, hopefully we will catch up for that drink somewhere else.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for all responses - sorry we missed you too @champers Currently still in Spain nr Cadiz, but on the move tomorrow. Not sure yet how far we'll get but look forward to meeting up @Ven

Unfortunately we're moving on tomorrow Terry but we will be on the Algarve area on and off for the next 4-6 weeks so maybe we will cross paths somewhere.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well wishing we were back at portimao at least when it rained you knew some part of the day would be dry ... Since being home it has rained virtually non stop even had hail and lite flurry of snow today can't wait to be back there again...sorry we have missed you all

John n Kath xx

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We left yesterday, we know at least one funster was there, but he may have left already. We are at Camperstop Messines, spent another lovely two days here before we head north for our month trip back to UK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back