Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Does anybody know of a supplier who could replace the Morocan mat shown below please?
It’s 4.0m long x 2.4m wide and, as shown, is green.
We bought it from a lady at the Cheshire show, Tabley, about 3 years ago but can't remember her name or company. :Doh:
I’ve looked at www.morocanmatting.co.uk but I really don’t believe that its one of thiers, besides, being tight, I only paid about £60! :winky:

Thanks

Attachments

• rsz_culloden_4_051.jpg
    rsz_culloden_4_051.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 48
Jun 8, 2013
Taunton
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
4 years
Bought one at malvern couple of weeks ago from moroccan matting he was doing a deal £47 for the 4.0 x 2.4mtr dont think he had green, he might be at shepton regards john

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
ebay with 4 hours to go

needs collection from liverpool too far for us though

only £25

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
ebay with 4 hours to go

needs collection from liverpool too far for us though

only £25

Link Removed

B*GGER!!!:Angry:
That would have been great if we were back home in Cheshire! As it is, we're up in Inverness till October.:Doh:
Cette la Vie, thanks anyway.:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
message them ask if they will keep it for you . they can only say yes or no.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
I know its an old thread but i bought our Morrocan matting from the Peterborough show 2 years ago and only really used it last winter in Spain . Just laid it out and find its disintegrating before my eyes . My previous matting lasted 6 years with much heavier usage it was the green rubbery stuff . Any reccomendations out there ???

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I know its an old thread but i bought our Morrocan matting from the Peterborough show 2 years ago and only really used it last winter in Spain . Just laid it out and find its disintegrating before my eyes . My previous matting lasted 6 years with much heavier usage it was the green rubbery stuff . Any reccomendations out there ???
Had the same problem, the original one lasted a few years but the latest one only lasted a year. Will not be buying any more.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We had a Morroccan mat that lasted about 8 years. We used it extensively at home and abroad. It was beginning to look a bit tatty but still had all it's colour, though obviously not as vibrant. We changed vans and gave it away a year or so ago and as far as I know it's still doing well.

This year when we got our RV we bought a new mat at a motorhome show. What a disappointment. After being out in the sun for about two weeks. Nothing too hot, were talking Portugal in October, the mat quickly lost all it's colour. It also started breaking up.

Our old mat was quite thick and could not be folded, but being foldable was a selling point, but this material that can be folded is just not robust enough.

See for yourself.

Here is the Mat, with all the colour gone.

mat 1-1.jpg

mat 2-1.jpg

mat 3-1.jpg

Check out the underside to get an idea of what it looked like before

mat 4-1.jpg

This is the mat maker, I wont be buying another.

mat 5-1.jpg

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Same thing with ours , only a short time of use it was breaking up ..complained to the seller at the next show, which he remarked ..."nobody else has complained and he walked away "....grr it is as if they are a cheaper quality and brittle , at the time ours had only been used in the UK ..
Definitely won't buy one from him again , very poor after sales service....

Can anyone recommend a decent mat / seller

Thanx Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Still got my original bought off a welsh bloke at a motorhome show about 10 years old now.Does have a bit of gaffa tape on one end bit still a brilliant mat, did buy a modern mat last year one of these save the grass things, bloody hated it gave it my son got the Moroccan mat back out of retirement.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back