Wing Mirror Protectors (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
We are shortly getting a new Motorhome. Has anyone had any experience as to whether wing mirror protectors help and would you recommend them.
Thanks

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Yes we have mirrorguards and they are the strongest covers that we have seen and they have had a few bashes,cost about 120 pounds

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We are shortly getting a new Motorhome. Has anyone had any experience as to whether wing mirror protectors help and would you recommend them.
Thanks
If it's a Fiat Ducato base vehicle @Minxy Girl is \ was selling on here a new set of Mirrorguards at a discounted price. Might be of use for yourself?

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Just bought mirror guards at show on Friday and unfortunately functionally tested them Sat morning on way to a Brit stop. :eek:Took a pounding from a wall and some trees and survived. Just need to blemish out the scratches now. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If it's a Fiat Ducato base vehicle @Minxy Girl is \ was selling on here a new set of Mirrorguards at a discounted price. Might be of use for yourself?
Too late ... just sold them! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jasz
Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
That's life! - It's an Auto-Trail Imala on a Fiat base. Sounds like they could be a good idea though, thanks.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
They are good.

Not only because they give some protection to the vulnerable mirrors but they make the true width of the vehicle obvious to on coming traffic (y)

Upvote 0

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Having had the dubious distinction of having mirrors wiped out twice within twelve months I would express my opinion that in anything other than a low speed bump or a glancing blow they are unlikely to provide much protection.
The latest incident involved a short sighted Fre nch camping Cariste unable to keep to his own side of the road in Morocco. On the open road both doing probably 50mph that is a closing speed of 100mph. Wing mirror totally destroyed.
I doubt if any mirror protector would be of any benefit in such circumstances
They could not have been more obvious with the dayglo tape as you can see from the before photo!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Blimey,clearly didn't know his van width or didn't care!!
All that HI VIZ and they don't look as though they stick out very far anyway,bad luck!!

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Having had the dubious distinction of having mirrors wiped out twice within twelve months I would express my opinion that in anything other than a low speed bump or a glancing blow they are unlikely to provide much protection.
Yes but with one having protectors on and one not its likely that the 'not' one will get destroyed and spare yours
just my theory, will let you know how I fair when I clip next :cool:

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We use mirror guards, and we have given them a massive thump, courtesy of a dozy HGV driver. Picked them up at the Newbury show, I think they were £60

Upvote 0

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
mine saved me on oue recent tour once being hit by a lorry passenger side another being driven close to near side [clipping a tree or van] don,t really now as i was crapping myself as a truck viered down on us yes well worth the money
prie de la rouz 668.jpg
prie de la rouz 669.jpg
prie de la rouz 669.jpg
prie de la rouz 669.jpg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread