Did any one see inspectors on tv (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
this was on last week but been waiting for someone else to comment but no one has, what a load of barstewards, going round in twos hiding behind corners waiting for people to drop a fag end and then giving them a ticket for eighty pounds, instead of just telling them to pick it up , or a warning , just out to legally mug folks, one bloke even did his mate outside a pub, they were actually spying on people instead of any warnings,and just laughing to themselves , don't know how they could do it.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I didn't see that programme but remember seeing somebody caught in Edinburgh when were staying there a few years ago. Idiot threw down his fag end right in front of two enforcement officers.

I also recall some similar action being taken locally several years ago. Far from issuing no warnings, though, the council had a publicity campaign in place for several weeks before anyone was actually fined, and there were plenty of notices posted.

Calling it legal mugging fails to acknowledge how much of a problem it is - just Google cost of cleaning up cigarette litter, Broken Link Removed includes this paragraph:
Around 122 tonnes of cigarette butts, matchsticks and other cigarette related litter are dropped every day across the UK. It costs an estimated £342 million per year to clean up the 200 million cigarette butts thrown away every day by UK smokers.

It might have been acceptable in days gone by to throw fag ends away but, just as with dog muck, those days are over.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I didn't see that programme but remember seeing somebody caught in Edinburgh when were staying there a few years ago. Idiot threw down his fag end right in front of two enforcement officers.

I also recall some similar action being taken locally several years ago. Far from issuing no warnings, though, the council had a publicity campaign in place for several weeks before anyone was actually fined, and there were plenty of notices posted.

Calling it legal mugging fails to acknowledge how much of a problem it is - just Google cost of cleaning up cigarette litter, Broken Link Removed includes this paragraph:

It might have been acceptable in days gone by to throw fag ends away but, just as with dog muck, those days are over.
Yes but my point , they weren't actually trying to stop anything, they were glad when someone dropped something so they could give them a ticket, they watched one woman sitting on a bench in the street all the while she smoked a fag and then were positively put out when she got up and dropped it in a bin.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes but my point , they weren't actually trying to stop anything, they were glad when someone dropped something so they could give them a ticket, they watched one woman sitting on a bench in the street all the while she smoked a fag and then were positively put out when she got up and dropped it in a bin.
Why should they actually try to stop anything? As I said, in my experience such enforcement comes along after plenty of publicity and notices about not littering. If people ignore what they are told what do they expect?

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
this was on last week but been waiting for someone else to comment but no one has, what a load of barstewards, going round in twos hiding behind corners waiting for people to drop a fag end and then giving them a ticket for eighty pounds, instead of just telling them to pick it up , or a warning , just out to legally mug folks, one bloke even did his mate outside a pub, they were actually spying on people instead of any warnings,and just laughing to themselves , don't know how they could do it.
Nice to know the in the future the UK will be a clean Muslim country(y)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Why should they actually try to stop anything? As I said, in my experience such enforcement comes along after plenty of publicity and notices about not littering. If people ignore what they are told what do they expect?
i don't dispute that, it's just the demeanour of these people with the tickets , just standing hiding round corners just to hand someone a ticket, £80 for hardly anything, they would be better employed with a litter stick picking stuff up, just can't understand there mental attitude , spying on their neighbors.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Just a thought......
Does anyone HAVE to identify themselves to these so called enforcers?
I doubt local councils have the right to demand such info?

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just a thought......
That came up on this program , a woman dropped a fag end and they came to give her a ticket but she wouldn't tell them who she was or have the ticket off them, the barstewards then went back to base and got it up on camera and asked everyone there if they knew her , turns out one did, so they took the ticket round to her house.
Just don't know what we are coming to.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
£80 for hardly anything, they would be better employed with a litter stick picking stuff up

If employed to pick it up, who would pay them..?
I know it sounds a trivial offence but it all adds up and £80 an hour keeps my council tax down....

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know it sounds a trivial offence but it all adds up and £80 an hour keeps my council tax down....
That is not my point , OK they are in the right, but what sort of people are they, that can treat their fellow humans like that, they want to get themselves a proper job.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
When everyone's stopped dropping fags you will be paying these barstewards out of your tax

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
You mean like coppers.? Who persecute the ones that want to do you harm.... Or judges who will keep them away from you and your family once they have done you harm...?

Tax inspectors.? Collectors..? Street cleaners..! Oh no can't have anyone cleaning the street of fag ends because some selfish lazy prat don't care... And besides streetcleaning, that's not a proper job.....

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You mean like coppers.? Who persecute the ones that want to do you harm.... Or judges who will keep them away from you and your family once they have done you harm...?

Tax inspectors.? Collectors..? Street cleaners..! Oh no can't have anyone cleaning the street of fag ends because some selfish lazy prat don't care... And besides streetcleaning, that's not a proper job.....
Are you one of these inspectors by any chance?

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
That came up on this program , a woman dropped a fag end and they came to give her a ticket but she wouldn't tell them who she was or have the ticket off them, the barstewards then went back to base and got it up on camera and asked everyone there if they knew her , turns out one did, so they took the ticket round to her house.
Just don't know what we are coming to.

How did they get her address?
She must have given it, no obligation to do so.

If these tossers made themselves visible instead of hiding it would probably go a long way towards addressing the litter problem.
What they are doing doesn't.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
How did they get her address?
She must have given it, no obligation to do so.

If these tossers made themselves visible instead of hiding it would probably go a long way towards addressing the litter problem.
As I said one of these other blokes knew who she was.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
One that doesn't persecute your fellow humans
If people didn't persecute the rest of us by dropping litter then there would be no need for any enforcement action.

The attitude (or, perhaps, job satisfaction) of the people filmed might be questionable but that does not invalidate their job.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Like the police, John, they can't be everywhere all the time. Also, as I said in my first post on this thread, I actually witnessed somebody getting done in Edinburgh after throwing a fag end down more or less at the feet of an enforcement officer. He got a heck of a shock when she did him :D

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

We used to have road sweepers. Instead we pay them to sit at home. Anyone in receipt of benefits should be obliged to do 40 hours work /week for receipt of benefits. Same as you have to here once on them.
Just a thought......
No. Just ignore them.
That is not my point , OK they are in the right, but what sort of people are they, that can treat their fellow humans like that, they want to get themselves a proper job.

Scum. Similar to politicians, drug dealers, criminals,etc.

And what is a proper job....?
Making something that has a saleable value.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Bin it and then they will be redundant
Nothing local authorities would like more.

I recall one of the first FoI requests I received was about litter on the A174. It was actually the responsibility of the Highways Agency but wasted time and money because we had to reply to it and take the matter up with the HA.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
i don't dispute that, it's just the demeanour of these people with the tickets , just standing hiding round corners just to hand someone a ticket, £80 for hardly anything, they would be better employed with a litter stick picking stuff up, just can't understand there mental attitude , spying on their neighbors.

It ought to be a £200 fine,,,dirty gits. We have a real litter problem in this country. Good luck to the wardens,,the more they fine the better. BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
If you had read my post , I recommended they would be better cleaning the streets!

They would not need to sweep the streets if people binned their rubbish,,dirty gits. BUSBY.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It ought to be a £200 fine,,,dirty gits. We have a real litter problem in this country. Good luck to the wardens,,the more they fine the better. BUSBY.
Honestly don't understand this around our village and down uttoxeter, and round about , iv never seen anything to worry about, don't know about other places but what is all this litter thing about.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Honestly don't understand this around our village and down uttoxeter, and round about , iv never seen anything to worry about, don't know about other places but what is all this litter thing about.
You need to drive down the A38 from Derby to the M 1,,,so much rubbish on the verge and any where near McDonalds or Burger King its a disgrace. You must be lucky in Uttoxeter. BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back