Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We can't wait!

You certainly will and maybe more than you think from past results.

Keep on top of them, don't call the day before with "is it ready ?" ask for progress reports way before time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations on your new purchase I bet you can't wait! Keep us up to date with the development!

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
You certainly will and maybe more than you think from past results.

Keep on top of them, don't call the day before with "is it ready ?" ask for progress reports way before time.

I will thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
September! That's over 6 months!!! I don't think I could wait as long as that ... why so long?

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
September! That's over 6 months!!! I don't think I could wait as long as that ... why so long?
Basically we have too much other stuff in our diary plus it's actually early as MrsB is retiring at the end of the year and then we can take full advantage

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Well we have finally taken the plunge and ordered our first MH at the NEC today. We've gone for a Vantage Neo pvc for delivery in September. We can't wait!

We ordered our first MH on October 11, 2015 for delivery May 2016......The wait seems never ending especially when I chased them up in Mid Feb, to be told it'll now be delivered in June.....

Patience is a wonderful thing ...but I've looked everywhere for it and I can't find it anywhere...even on Ebay...

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Good luck, what extras, if any have you ordered? Cab air conditioning I would think essential - even in this country for demisting in winter! Does the 6.4m chassis come as a Maxi chassis by default? If not I strongly advise you get it as apart from the 26" wheels which are useful for a slight increase in traction when its boggy but the main advantage is you can upgrade the GVW with a paper exercise, should you run into payload issues.

Deleted User
Good luck, what extras, if any have you ordered? Cab air conditioning I would think essential - even in this country for demisting in winter! Does the 6.4m chassis come as a Maxi chassis by default? If not I strongly advise you get it as apart from the 26" wheels which are useful for a slight increase in traction when its boggy but the main advantage is you can upgrade the GVW with a paper exercise, should you run into payload issues.

26"wheels! I want some of those and a pair of steps to get in.!

Spongy

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Wow!

I remember our excitement when we ordered our first motorhome, over twenty yeas ago.

Come to think of it, I'm jealous of your future learning curve.

You will get loads of great advice and info on here. We did, and we had been motorhoming for years.

As ex Cumbrians let us just say, " ga on marra, and git thesen owert watter to France soon iver"(y)

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Gone for cab aircon and cruise control plus TV and speakers and alarm with tracker and external BBQ

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
God I admire you guy's patience, if li couldn't buy one today and be away in it tomorrow I just couldn't do it, 6 months wow , how many more are you going to see that you like better or cheaper or whatever , not knocking you , more admiration, good luck , hope it all goes to plan for you(y)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Just looked it up n YouTube.

Looks great.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Fabulous ! We purchased ours 2nd hand Winter 2014 and it needed some work so we picked it up end of January 2015 and that was bad enough waiting a couple of months! Enjoy the learning curve and enjoy!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
How exciting, we nearly bought one but ended up with a new IH 630Rl, they are very similar but we were lazy as Vantage don't take trade ins. I know it's better to sell privately but we didn't fancy it. Good luck.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
So, you should get just I time for some late summer touring.
I couldn't wait that long either, doesn't anybody have these in stock?
We got ours within a fortnight and that seemed a long wait
Still, you have plenty of time to get your first trip away organised and buy all the stuff you need for it
Good luck.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
How exciting, our first van was a Vantage, one of the first vans that Vantage built when they were a brand new company. Like you we had to wait 5 months until we picked it up, it did give us time to get used to the idea that we had finally bought a van. Next week it is 8 years since we picked it up and started our motorhome- owning life.
We recently changed vans but when we sold our Vantage van we felt it still looked really good. I am sure you will have lots of great times in your van and now you can spend some time planning!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back