Cleaning flue on fridge and heating. (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I am looking to get both the fridge and heating serviced. In the South Yorkshire area.Cleaning flues etc.Everything is working ok but my van is now 12 years old.As far as I know a habitation service does not cover these.Any help or pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.Dave

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I am looking to get both the fridge and heating serviced. In the South Yorkshire area.Cleaning flues etc.Everything is working ok but my van is now 12 years old.As far as I know a habitation service does not cover these.Any help or pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.Dave
Whoever does your habitation service, assuming you have one should be capable of doing these extras if you ask for it to be done, my opinion on he fridge or both for that matter is if it's working OK and doesn't smell from the flue then there ain't much wrong with it.

Martin

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Heating systems generally don't need servicing because they are high consumers of gas. This means the jets are larger and less likely to get blocked or obscured. Fridges (of the 3 way variety) on the other hand should be serviced annually, more frequently if used extensively on gas as their jet is very small and easily blocked/obscured. As the fridge flue doesn't reach the same order of temperature as heating system flues it is more prone to sooting. In my experience the fridge is the most likely cause of excessive (and therefore life threatening) carbon monoxide, CO (not CO2 which is carbon dioxide) and the fridge should therefore be serviced annually at hab check time. At the very least a flue gas analysis should be done on all flued appliances to prove they are functioning safely.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Masman
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Heating systems generally don't need servicing because they are high consumers of gas. This means the jets are larger and less likely to get blocked or obscured. Fridges (of the 3 way variety) on the other hand should be serviced annually, more frequently if used extensively on gas as their jet is very small and easily blocked/obscured. As the fridge flue doesn't reach the same order of temperature as heating system flues it is more prone to sooting. In my experience the fridge is the most likely cause of excessive (and therefore life threatening) carbon monoxide, CO (not CO2 which is carbon dioxide) and the fridge should therefore be serviced annually at hab check time. At the very least a flue gas analysis should be done on all flued appliances to prove they are functioning safely.

D.
Does this get done on hab service.looking at old check sheet I can't find anything about flue cleaning.And I know that my fridge covers have not been removed.The fridge is working ok.but want to make sure it's safe..

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Does this get done on hab service.looking at old check sheet I can't find anything about flue cleaning.And I know that my fridge covers have not been removed.The fridge is working ok.but want to make sure it's safe..

I clean fridge burner and flue on hab inspection if it can be done in situ but most workshops don't include it as a standard point. I also do a flue gas analysis on all flued appliances as a standard part of hab inspection (note "inspection", not "service").

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back