Beginning to get excited ( doesn't take much ) (1 Viewer)

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Three counties show at Malvern this weekend and I am looking forward to getting a good look at some MHs to see what sort of thing I want.
Cant wait:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Three counties show at Malvern this weekend and I am looking forward to getting a good look at some MHs to see what sort of thing I want.

You are more likely to come away more confused than you started. There are SO many different combinations !

Beware going on looks. There are some stunning looking vans then when the brain kicks in ( coz we already have one, a van and a bit of brain ) you realise "What **&&^% use is a microwave up there?" "There is no storage space". "You'd break your back putting anything in that oven" and so it goes on. Some halfwit designers put style over functionality.

Then there is the full rear bed - looks good but boy does it cost in terms of floor space, you end up with a mass of storage underneath but do you want to be going outside in the rain for the next bottle of wine ?

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging

Then when you have looked got confused, and then some,:Eeek: it's only a case of finding the cash don't know which is worse.

Hope you find something.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Graham

Hope you enjoy the show, if you get time why not come over to the Funster area, say hello and have a look around the vans there.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
What a cheerful lot! :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

Still, some timely warnings there. It IS too easy to get carried away with 'style'.

Hope you find something that you think you might like. You can always talk to us Funsters before committing your hard-earned. Most people will be happy to chat about motorhomes, and the disasters they've had - and the fun they've had too.
_chat__by_Mrichston.gif

John (oops Brisey's post 'snuck in' while I was writing)

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Decide which layout suits you best, IMO for example, if you have kids then get a u shaped lounge, so that when you are parked up in bad weather for days on end you have plenty of room to spread out. No kids, or just the one? then consider a fixed bed, the convenience of having a bed always available cannot be over emphasised. Take your time, sit in them, ask them to make beds up, open up every locker. Happy hunting, its an exciting time but don't rush, dont be taken in by terms like "this offer is only for today" its always worth sleeping on it before you sign your life away::bigsmile:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Jim's point about making up all the beds cannot be over-stressed. :thumb:

If you have a front diner that converts to a double bed then make sure that you can still get to the over-cab area (if that's the sort of layout you're looking for) when all beds are made.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hope my bus is out of the mechanics in time.

OP
OP
6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Thanks for the replys everyone. I am going there specifically to look at the different styles and layouts but have absolutely NO intension of actually buying at the show :Smile:

It would be nice to get to see some of you ( yeah, and your vans :Smile: ) but how would I recognise where you are ?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
It would be nice to get to see some of you ( yeah, and your vans :Smile: ) but how would I recognise where you are ?

Hi Graham

You could send a PM to Sundowners who are the MHFun Rally marshalls for this event.
Once they have been told whereabouts our allocated camping area is they should be able to point you in the right direction. Alternatively you could just wander aimlessly around the site until you come across a group of smiling, happy people having lots of Fun.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
That'll be us.:ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for the replys everyone. I am going there specifically to look at the different styles and layouts but have absolutely NO intension of actually buying at the show :Smile:

yeah right!!!!!

where have i heard that one before.......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
yeah right!!!!!

where have i heard that one before.......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thought that might raise a smile.

It is mostly the layout that I want to see. the van will probably hold three of us most of the time as my grown up son ( who is also registered blind ) will often come with us. it is nice taking him along as we can share the driving.

I still think we may have to end up building our own as we want permanent beds and a decent size loo rather than these little cramped things :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back