Free Member
Dec 3, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Went to the Caravan and Motorhome show at the NEC yesterday, I couldn't fid any Exhibitor with Burstners?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Better at the October NEC Show where all the manufacturers are there with their new models not just sales dealerships. Looks like Chelston & Southdowns are the nearest agents - maybe contact them if you want to look at a particular model as they may be able to check not just theirs but other UK stock.

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Knew you would say that! :)

yeah well its in a different league, biggest show in Europe, needs 2 days at least and that if you know what you are going to look at. great value as well with cheap camping thrown in. NEC utterly hopeless in comparison..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Went to the Caravan and Motorhome show at the NEC yesterday, I couldn't fid any Exhibitor with Burstners?
So did we. Disappointed is the only word that springs to mind. Never mind. I saw one stand saying they were taking orders for 2017 so Burstner may have sold out this year as well?

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
yeah well its in a different league, biggest show in Europe, needs 2 days at least and that if you know what you are going to look at. great value as well with cheap camping thrown in. NEC utterly hopeless in comparison..

You could always try Le Bourget in Paris for a change...a little nearer, usually the last weekend of September to the 1st weekend of October....with the cheap camping...

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have heard that & would love to go one day (y) especially if we ever have the money to import a new one :)
Would have to go for quite a few days though as it takes us 2 days looking around it all at the NEC Show!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Have heard that & would love to go one day (y) especially if we ever have the money to import a new one :)
Would have to go for quite a few days though as it takes us 2 days looking around it all at the NEC Show!

Well it's not that far to drive from Calais.probably 4 hrs or we have flown as well. Birmingham 4 for us...... cost of living cheap compared to London and if you want a german van it makes sense. Loads buy at show as they do great deals..Germany easier from the export insurance aspect as well and most dealers have English speaking salesman. And imo all seem more experienced and professional then the type of ex car dealers you get here who no hardly anything about the van's. That's my experience nce anyway. Have been four times as we go when buying a new van to make sure...it's worth a weekend if if not even buying....

Eddie

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Well it's not that far to drive from Calais.probably 4 hrs or we have flown as well. Birmingham 4 for us...... cost of living cheap compared to London and if you want a german van it makes sense. Loads buy at show as they do great deals..Germany easier from the export insurance aspect as well and most dealers have English speaking salesman. And imo all seem more experienced and professional then the type of ex car dealers you get here who no hardly anything about the van's. That's my experience nce anyway. Have been four times as we go when buying a new van to make sure...it's worth a weekend if if not even buying....

Eddie
Am I right in thinking you would go for a German van then judge

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
But when you go to Dusseldorf if the manufacturer has a UK dealer they will be on the stand and you will be shepherded towards them, or that's certainly our experience. Travelworld were on Niesmann+Bischoff and Southdowns on Concorde, my guess would be that you look in Dusseldorf and then it will be easier to do the deal at a later date with the UK dealer out of the way.

Martin

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
But when you go to Dusseldorf if the manufacturer has a UK dealer they will be on the stand and you will be shepherded towards them, or that's certainly our experience. Travelworld were on Niesmann+Bischoff and Southdowns on Concorde, my guess would be that you look in Dusseldorf and then it will be easier to do the deal at a later date with the UK dealer out of the way.

Martin

That's what I do..Make the introduction at show . then contact the ones that sounded best and play them off one and other, best to wait till end of season as well October'ish. in 2007 when I bought a Euromobil. approached 5 dealers bwest was 17% discount. Ebnded yup buying from Belgium dealer that offered the same abd not as far. used to pop in for a damp check every year when going on holiday..Certainly worth shoping about IMO

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back