Replacing Cushion Foam (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Having decided to replace the seating cushion foam ourselves, we need to get a tufting needle to replace the buttons. Does anyone have we could borrow? They cost anything from £50 upwards unfortunately.

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Thanks, but I need one of these
blobCA4ZR61R.tufftinejpgsmall.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Having decided to replace the seating cushion foam ourselves, we need to get a tufting needle to replace the buttons. Does anyone have we could borrow? They cost anything from £50 upwards unfortunately.
Would the following work (if you don't have too many to do): make hole with appropriate size knitting needle; loop thread through clasp; push clasp through hole 'endways'; fiddle clasp across hole; tie button on?

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Would the following work (if you don't have too many to do): make hole with appropriate size knitting needle; loop thread through clasp; push clasp through hole 'endways'; fiddle clasp across hole; tie button on?
We want to be able to use existing buttons which are attached using these
Broken Link Removed

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I don't know how your buttons attach to those little straps in the photo (above)
However, I do know that on Youtube there is a tutorial showing how to fasten buttons through foam using a plain type button on the reverse.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
I don't know how your buttons attach to those little straps in the photo (above)
However, I do know that on Youtube there is a tutorial showing how to fasten buttons through foam using a plain type button on the reverse.

It would appear that I need an Osborne tape needle if I want to re-use existing buttons (they are attached to the straps already)
tape_needle.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back