Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Eventually it WILL leak as slowly but surely the roof structure loses all ability to keep the sealant under compression.
From day one at the factory they install no battens at the compression points and the muppet installers over tighten to the point that there is no more adjustment.
So mine is finally leaking but it's still winter so I'm not removing it to do corrective structural work. I will instead having fully cleaned the outside and removed all the ice seal it with a tube of sikaflex 512

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Today is best day on the menu to get the sunroof sealed even though it will go sub zero tonight
I figure as it is only to act as a sealant rather than structural adhesive I should get away with the out of spec temperatures
Anyway not really any option as wet weather is coming
Had to clear all the ice away again but all cleaned up sanded and cleaner activator used as I would for glueing
Should have reasonably gone off before dark.
Another example of manufacturers cutting corners, shame on you Rapido!
image.jpeg

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Did mine yesterday using Hodgson Sean sealer CV, as it seemed to be the most popular

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Mine is staying in and sealed with a quadrant bead of sikaflex around the outside instead. If I were fitting a new Heki I would have taken it out and used the same non setting sealant (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
We purchased our Rapido 7066F from the GMC Redditch. We had only had it 2 days during that time it rained and the Heki roof light leaked. I did phoned them have a moan about it, it must of rained when they had it for sale ???. I was not going to travel 240 miles for them to repair it. We had booked to go on the Twin lakes rally in France. Managed to repair the Heki roof light there. Does seem to be a problem. At some time it may have to be removed. The only other problem I have is info on the connecting a sola panel via a 30amp sola panel regulator to the box in the garage. No other info is given in there manual, a circuit diagram would be very helpful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back