Seitz Blind Problem (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Hi folks,

I have a problem with a couple of the blinds in our Pilote P600 and can't get the screw covers out / off. I assumed they are just a push fit, but will I have to destroy then to get at the screw heads. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

J

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Yep they just push in -I use a stanly knife and ease them out trying not to mark them on the face edge but once they give a little stick the blade into the side and out they pop
terry

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Or you can use a nappy pin on the edge to prise them out.
I've got to admit, I've given up and stuck the pin right into it. It's my intention to get some 'new' grommits this year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Or you can use a nappy pin on the edge to prise them out.
I've got to admit, I've given up and stuck the pin right into it. It's my intention to get some 'new' grommits this year.

Now that takes me back a very long way.

Thank you both,@Terry and @emmitdb , for your replies. I had tried to prise the "grommits" out with a couple of very small screwdrivers (from a jewellers' set), but they wouldn't budge. I'll try again in the morning, if it isn't too cold.

J

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
I've had to drill a small hole, then self tapper, and then pull them out with pliers. Hardly noticable damage.

Allen

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
OT but many years ago I got a Nappy pin and, with a LOT of force put a slight turn on the very end.
It was the only way I could get the shims out of the tappets on a Fiat 850.
The manual said"Use an Air line."
Loads of us had air lines in our garages in the 80's Right?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just found these on Ebay.

I have nothing to do with the entry on that site. Just for the info of those on here.
$_35.JPG
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-WHITE...193832?hash=item1c18be11a8:g:Q6IAAMXQ74JTSReX

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hi folks,

I have a problem with a couple of the blinds in our Pilote P600 and can't get the screw covers out / off. I assumed they are just a push fit, but will I have to destroy then to get at the screw heads. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

J

Mine just popped out with a bit of help from a small screwdriver?. If your weather is like ours (Bloody cold!!) it may need a bit of persuasion with a blast from the "Hair drier" to warm things up?.

Pete

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
I've had to drill a small hole, then self tapper, and then pull them out with pliers. Hardly noticeable damage.

Allen

Wifes "quick unpick" from her sewing kit !!

Just found these on Ebay.

I have nothing to do with the entry on that site. Just for the info of those on here.
$_35.JPG
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-WHITE...193832?hash=item1c18be11a8:g:Q6IAAMXQ74JTSReX

Mine just popped out with a bit of help from a small screwdriver?. If your weather is like ours (Bloody cold!!) it may need a bit of persuasion with a blast from the "Hair drier" to warm things up?.

Pete

Thank you all for your suggestions / help. When the weather improves I'll get out and try to remove the screw covers, then let you know what I find. One blind won't stay up and the other has a lot of moisture in it.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back