Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
image.jpeg
Stayed on CClub temp site and had a day in the show today, well worth a visit and offloaded a bit more cash that a poor old pensioner can ill afford. Bought a new Avtex tv for Hymer , I cant keep hands in pockets for five minutes .:Eeek:
Saw Pack Chrisham and Julia Bradbury, she looks younger in real life.:lips:
Entertainment tonight a Billy Joel tribute singer, very good but ale is sooooo expensive.
Piccy of Julia Bradbury and tuggers hall
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Will be there on Thursday. Going to see Eddie van bits about an alarm, Britstop book, a couple of recliners + what ever else takes my fancy. Then there is the other half looking as well. So will be spending a few bob.
It will not be the Easter bonnet that I will take to Chester but a cap for any donations to help with above. LOL.

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
We are off to the NEC on Saturday, staying overnight at a fairly local CL.

Looking forward to giving the mh a little run and a night away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We have plans to go Friday, using the cheapy voucher off the c&cc website...going to talk to Eddie about an alarm:)

Not planning on buying anything........just looking:whistle2:, honest......

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We are travelling down to the temp site today (not totally so we could miss the "celebs" yesterday, honest :whistle:) and will visit the show tomorrow and Friday. I'll be the one with both Fun and Motorhome Parking badges on :D

Looks like it will be cans in the van if the beer is that expensive :)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It was not too busy yesterday either, so was able to spend time negotiating for some new chairs without some idiot sitting at your shoulder.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
We went yesterday, and I'm not really sure why were faintly disappointed. There were mountains of things to see as usual but most of the vans I had hoped to look at were missing. Just pot luck I'm certain but it was as if someone knew we were coming and left all the interesting (to us!) stuff at home to spite us. For example, we had hoped to look at a Hymer MLT 580, and they had the 540 and the 560 but not the 580. Similar thing with other models, and we couldn't find any Burstners at all. Oh well, roll on October....

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We went yesterday, and I'm not really sure why were faintly disappointed. There were mountains of things to see as usual but most of the vans I had hoped to look at were missing. Just pot luck I'm certain but it was as if someone knew we were coming and left all the interesting (to us!) stuff at home to spite us. For example, we had hoped to look at a Hymer MLT 580, and they had the 540 and the 560 but not the 580. Similar thing with other models, and we couldn't find any Burstners at all. Oh well, roll on October....
I think You will have to go to Travelworld to see the latest Hymers
http://www.motorhomes.co.uk/

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I'm going on Friday. Have had to write a promise in blood not to buy anything.........

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I'm going Friday. No such promise required. Going solely to to Spend!! Saving money on sites by staying at Toby Carvery Thurs evening and Trimpley Reservoir on way back.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
"Aye"............ Hang on a minute, I'm not going on Friday in fact I'm not going at all, look what happened last year I had to sell the house and the kids to keep the Bailiffs at bay.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Now we all know that "deluxe" implies richness and one must be wealthy to have a Pilote A class.

So, as so many of us are going on Friday I reckon it would be a good idea for us all to meet before it opens at Wetherspoons and @DuxDeluxe can buy us all breakfast.

All in favour say "Aye" (y):LOL:
Won't be there till later...perhaps he'll stand lunch as well:LOL:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Now we all know that "deluxe" implies richness and one must be wealthy to have a Pilote A class.

So, as so many of us are going on Friday I reckon it would be a good idea for us all to meet before it opens at Wetherspoons and @DuxDeluxe can buy us all breakfast.

I have a Pilote A Class in stock and it wont cost you the earth........................:france:

By the way we are as usual running the Fiamma stand at the NEC, all welcome to look and meet some of the Johns Cross staff:lips:
GetAttachment.aspx

Peter

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have a Pilote A Class in stock and it wont cost you the earth........................:france:

By the way we are as usual running the Fiamma stand at the NEC, all welcome to look and meet some of the Johns Cross staff:lips:
GetAttachment.aspx

Peter
Pilote - much better than that Burstner thing that @GJH drives around in. French sophistication wins over boring Germans every day

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Dusseldorf September you will not be disappointed

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

Won't be there till later...perhaps he'll stand lunch as well:LOL:

I'm going disguised as Shifty. If you see him it is really me and will be delighted to buy to all breakfast, lunch and dinner..... (y)

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
Exp
since2011
Will be there on Thursday. Going to see Eddie van bits about an alarm, Britstop book, a couple of recliners + what ever else takes my fancy. Then there is the other half looking as well. So will be spending a few bob.
It will not be the Easter bonnet that I will take to Chester but a cap for any donations to help with above. LOL.
Will have to be another day. Mom taken in to hospital last night.

St Piran

Free Member
May 22, 2012
North Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
We started off today at 9:30am it's just over an hour to the NEC. Having just passed the point of no return Sally Traffic announced the A14 had been shut!! At 12:00 we finally exited the A14 and promptly turned around and headed home via a pub for lunch.
Not going to bother trying tomorrow or over the weekend, Peterborough show for us next.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hope all is well, my dad's 2nd home has been the hospital for the last few months......planning anything goes out of the window.

Best wishes
X

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
Exp
since2011
Hope all is well, my dad's 2nd home has been the hospital for the last few months......planning anything goes out of the window.

Best wishes
X
Thanks Debs. Exactly the same for me. Visited today, moms not to bad she will have visitors on Friday so will go to the show 2moz. Moms 95 so you have to except these things. Hope your dads on the mend.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Best wishes
X
Sorry to hear of the parental ill health. We've had that T shirt for the last couple of years. Hope all goes well.

Had a nice day at the show today but tiring. Rode on the bus in with @eddievanbitz this morning, had a chat with Adam on the Motorhome Wifi stand and met Mr & Mrs @nelly this afternoon. Hopefully see a few Fun badges tomorrow :)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Curious to know?. Are the majority of Motor-homes at the show with Garages? It seems that every show ONLY has M-H with garages and beds you need ladders or steps to access. Great for the fully fit, but absolutely NO use to anyone with serious mobility issues!.

One of the dealers at Manchester, as I was Browsing asked if there was anything I fancied, and I took it up with him, his answer was "they are the most popular". His particular stand had ALL "Garages" not one My wife had any chance of accessing.

Pete

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The UK coachbuilts dont have a garage and some have a low level french bed although very little external locker space.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back