Long time filcher of ideas now comes clean (1 Viewer)

jansellsbond

Free Member
Feb 24, 2016
Dawlish
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Broadway FB
Exp
since 2004
For some years I have been systematically stealing ideas from your forum without becoming a member. Now I must fess up, come clean, and sing like the proverbial canary.

My wife and I have had a few motorhomes in our time; A little Japanese Ford (Called Wheeliebach) in New Zealand for 6 months, an Autocruise Vista here in the UK (Stumpy), a Swift Mondial (Swifty) and now own a 2013 AutoSleepers Broadway FB (Comfy).

Not being satisfied with 12 weeks and 25 weekends a year in a tin shack on wheels, we are planning our retirement travels. We hope to spend at least 2 years tootling around Europe in our current van claiming my old age pension, free healthcare, free tablets, winter fuel allowance (It gets cold in southern Portugal doesn't it?) and anything else we can get away with.

Some questions:

Anyone ever fitted or had fitted ,a tow bar (for bike rack) on the back of one of these things?
Anyone fitted a Fiammi bike rack with a pulley system (Lift 77) on one?

Looking forward to hearing from members.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Repent thy sins......pay yer subs and become a full member.
Worth every penny just to take part in the banter and as you already know, the advice is priceless.

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Welcome to the forum from Funsters west of the Tamar.
We have a Fiamma tow-bar mounted cycle carrier but not the one with the pulley system. It's really good kit, well made, secure and easy to use.
Stef.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jansellsbond

jansellsbond

Free Member
Feb 24, 2016
Dawlish
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Broadway FB
Exp
since 2004
I probably wouldn't need the pulley system if it were a towbar mounted rack, I just need the pulley if I have to lift bikes up to the 1.5m height of the back wall mounted rack. (My old mate Arthur Ritis prevents this!)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
:welc:
Dawlish. Used to love working down there & the other shops we had all around the coast.Always go to the car boots at the warren when over.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and join in , plenty of advice and fun here!:welcome3:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome from another bit of Devon.

Check your rear axle loading as a bike rack adds more to the rear axle than just the weight of the rack and bikes. It could be nearly 50% with a big overhang.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back